- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Mastery of Python and C/C++
- Experience with one or more popular cloud environments
- 5 years of pertinent work experience
- Mastery of the AWS cloud, including but not limited to EC2, ECS, IAM, Lambda, RDS, API Gateway, WAF and VPC, and how to scale and support applications using these systems.
- Proven leadership and initiative. Excited to teach others. Embodies a growth mindset.
- Wisdom and judgment for selecting the right engineering tools for any given programming challenge.
- Consistently demonstrates industry best practices around software development.
- Practical understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, especially the drug development cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a senior software engineer at VeriSIM Life, you will innovate new software simulation products that deliver the highest levels of accuracy for our human and animal models. You will work closely with some of the best pharmaceutical scientists in breaking new ground and using the latest technologies and techniques. This position will apply full engineering rigor to the development and maintenance of a very sophisticated physiological simulation. You have a chance to get in on the ground floor and have a big influence on the direction and success of the company.
- Drive innovation and achieve extreme performance of our multi-species simulation platform.
- Interact cross-functionally with our Modeling and Simulation scientists and our software engineers to build accurate and correct simulation systems.
- Create and deliver effective presentations to stakeholders at every level to influence decision making and vision.
VeriSIM Life is a biotech company, and we place a strong emphasis on the correctness of our technology. We measure our accuracy constantly, and are never satisfied, always pushing to drive accuracy higher and higher - enabling us to revolutionize the pharmaceutical industry and positively impacting billions of lives - both human and animal. At VeriSIM Life, data scientists are constantly working on complicated, sparse data sets and squeezing out each 1% of improvement is celebrated.
VeriSIM Life is working to disrupt the slow pace of drug development across the pharmaceutical industry by reducing the uncertainty of animal testing. We create the software tools needed for unprecedented medical breakthroughs to take place much earlier in the drug development timeline. It’s our intention to create innovative products in the medical industry that will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare worldwide.
Our culture is focused on these values: Integrity, transparency, feedback, accountability, and passion. Join us for an extraordinary and rewarding experience!
- Excellent health care benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- No A**hole policy
- Weekly team happy hours and appreciations
Diversity is a top priority to us, and we are actively building an environment where all people are welcome and celebrated. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.