Do you want to be a part of a leading ecommerce firm? We have an outstanding culture and are dedicated to building relationships through quality, efficiency, and trust. We are looking for a progressive, very analytical Controller / Sr. Director of Accounting to act as a key member of the company's global organization. This person will be responsible for financials of existing and then future entities within the portfolio which operates in North America and globally as the company scales. This position owns statutory and technical accounting for external reporting and oversees all aspects of the company’s accounting activities, policies, and fiscal controls. This person will join leadership in ensuring Venus et Fleur’s financial statements are prepared accurately, timely, and compliant to US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), IFRS, local tax, and regulatory standards consistent with the significant markets in which it operates. This role will work closely with the CFO and internal Executive team as well as key third parties, such as tax, advisors, banks, insurance, and payroll providers. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic company that is launching new initiatives across an omni-channel format.
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Ensures that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Upgrades company’s ERP and oversees subsequent sprints in system’s evolution
- Responsible for providing timely reporting for monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting to management, investors, lenders and other stakeholders
- Supports the CFO and the leadership team and advises on all accounting related activities.
- Enable best practices for processes and builds controls in readiness to comply with internal and external financial reporting obligations
- Leads technical accounting areas such as inventory sell-through, internal software capitalization, and lease accounting
- Oversees cash and monthly reconciliation of all accounts while reporting and resolving reconciling differences
- Enables strong monthly and quarterly close, with a focus on driving improvements to facilitate optimal business decisions
- Identifies and advises on business risks and data discrepancies and implements mitigation or remediation strategies
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Manage ad hoc projects such as 409a valuations and other technical projects
- Coordinates the preparation of annual tax returns with outside firm
- Collaborates with HR and other authorities requesting data for audit.