Venus ET Fleur is a bespoke rose atelier that intersects the romantic tradition of sending flowers with exceptionally stylish design. We specialize in lush, customizable precision arrangements and our latest addition - Eternity DE Venus – which are everlasting roses that maintain freshness for over a year. Each personal hand-delivery or shipment from Venus ET Fleur arrives opulently encased in a Parisian-inspired keepsake hatbox. The result is an elegant and thoroughly modern presentation that speaks to a highly discerning design aesthetic.
Venus ET Fleur is actively hiring a full-time Accounting Director who will manage the company’s accounting and finance functions. The Director of Accounting will report to the COO and be responsible for analytically assessing and enhancing financial performance while ensuring appropriate processes, controls, and compliance efforts are in place.
The ideal candidate will have accounting and management experience. This person should have excellent attention to detail and be able to zoom out and see strategic opportunities for growth and profitability. Successful candidates will be analytical, excellent at building processes, resourceful, strategic, collaborative, and excellent communicators.
- Maintain day to day accounting & finance operations (e.g. GL, AP, AR and payroll administration)
- Develop and maintain written accounting policies and procedures, ensuring appropriate implementation and compliance with the latest GAAP standards (e.g. ASC 606)
- Manage and perform the month-end accounting close process to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained - including preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Develop cash flow forecasting to help maintain tight control over cash flow management (including Payroll, Accounts Payable, Invoicing, and Accounts Receivable)
- Upgrade company’s ERP and oversee subsequent sprints in the system’s evolution
- Own the financial audit process, including preparation of materials and coordination with auditors
- Manage tax strategy, including corporate tax provisions, R&D tax credits, and securing other tax incentives
- Be a liaison between the Accounting Department and other cross-functional teams
- Build, lead, and developing the accounting team
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business - CPA required
- Minimum 8+ years accounting and finance experience (with 3+ years as a Manager or Assistant Controller)
- Experience with Retail/eCommerce/Inventory business models
- Experience implementing a new ERP system – preferably NetSuite
- Self-starter who thrives in start-up environments. Proven ability and desire to work effectively and deliver accurate results under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills; must be able to confidently and effectively communicate finance and accounting concepts to those who are unfamiliar with financial terms
- Experience in a company with international business presence is preferred
- Deep Excel skills including data analysis & forward-looking modeling capabilities