Vendasta is seeking a VP of Product Marketing to lead its product positioning and go-to-market vision as we strive to be the #1 white-label, end-to-end e-commerce platform for selling digital solutions to local businesses. Working alongside a team of product marketing professionals, the VP of Product Marketing will lead the development of all product marketing strategies, priorities, campaigns, and execution, while simultaneously working closely with Executive & Leadership teams across the organization in order to enable successful completion of company objectives.
Working at the intersection of product, sales, and marketing, a successful candidate will be able to draw on prior experience of leading & building a team of product marketing experts in a SaaS setting to develop & implement strategies that maximize revenue opportunities for Vendasta to 100M and beyond. The candidate will have experience in understanding the entire landscape that we compete within, and have solid capabilities of gathering insights on data points to help make informed decisions.
- Collaborate with the Vendasta Executive team on company OKRs to enable goals & objectives through product-market vision, product positioning, and go-to-market strategies
- Work with the Executive, product and sales leadership teams to analyze current product & positioning strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to create strategies for improvement & re-positioning
- Lead overall product marketing strategy for Vendasta by maintaining industry knowledge and keeping informed regarding the latest trends and advancements in marketing and go-to-market strategies that could impact the company overall
- Work with and mentor a strong team of Product Marketing Managers dedicated to achieving Vendasta’s overall growth goals through constant innovation, agility, and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Define and implement key results and performance indicators for reporting on the effectiveness of product marketing efforts and leverage analytics to enable data-driven decisions
- Lead in the development and delivery of effective go-to-market strategies that support product roadmap, competitive positioning, and overall company growth
- Be an expert within advanced domains of product marketing and represent Vendasta within internal forums and at external events (conferences, etc.)
Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years experience in product marketing in a technology/software environment; ready to share and implement best practices on day one
- 5+ years experience managing a functional unit in a SaaS setting; preference given to those with experience leading a team from 50M to 250M
- Proven positive impact on product marketing metrics and performance indicators—such as customer retention, acquisition, growth, engagement—through leadership and expertise
- Ability to bring a new level excellence to the product marketing function through the implementation of proven successful company-wide product marketing strategies that maximize revenue opportunities to 100M and beyond
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing complex, cross-functional projects and teams across an Agile environment with strategy definition responsibilities and direct interaction with product, partners, sales, and etc.
- Strong project management and budgeting experience, as well as significant experience in developing and planning projects and achieving outcomes expected within anticipated timeframes
- Demonstrated blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality using the resources available