Velos Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation health care software. Velos provides an integrated suite of clinical, administrative, and financial products. Velos eResearch, the company's flagship product line, is a comprehensive clinical research management information system. Velos's specialty medical product line supports the information needs of health care providers in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, dialysis, and transplantation.
The Office Administrator will be responsible for coordinating front office activities, assisting in the onboarding process for new employees, and providing administrative support. Moreover, the Office Administrator will be the administrative point of contact for all office coordination and will be responsible for fostering company culture. We are seeking a self-driven candidate who is tech-savvy, has the ability to manage projects and provide efficient customer service in a fast-paced, diverse environment. This is a perfect position for someone who wants to get hands-on experience and behind-the-scenes exposure to operations, human resources, legal, and much more.
· Manage the welcome desk area – answering phones, routing messages, receiving packages, sorting mail, and guiding guests and customers.
· Manage and coordinate conference room usage along with equipment and catering needs.
· Manage inventory of office supplies and maintain supply closets: order and set-up stock.
· Manage inventory of pantry supplies and maintain supply closets: order and set-up pantry for the kitchenette.
· Maintain tidiness of conference rooms, kitchen, and common areas.
· Supervise the maintenance and alteration of office plants, furniture, and equipment.
· Plan events to encourage team bonding and team building, including team dinners, social outings, offsite meetings, trivia nights, company retreats, conferences, and more.
· Generate, handle and maintain confidential and non-routine information and files appropriately.
· Assist with proposal coordination and production.
· Assist with the onboarding process for new employees, such as drafting appropriate documents, creating email access, and coordination of equipment and supplies.
· Take high-level, potentially vague assignments and fill in the blanks, with little to no direction.
· Build and maintain great relationships with people at all levels.
· Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study.
· Experience with diverse work cultures.
· Ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and comfortable with non-hierarchical organizations.
· Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
· Ability to apply critical, logical, and creative thinking to analyzing and documenting product needs as well as solving customer problems.
· Ability to think expansively, challenge paradigms, and champion ideas; excited by big transformational ideas, whether they are yours or someone else’s on the team.
· Open-minded; willing and eager to learn; natural inclination to explore and articulate.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe, and other business software packages.
· Willingness to learn new skills in management and other business processes.
· Strong willingness to get hands dirty; ability to stoke the fires of those in the team.
· This is an entry-level position; no experience necessary but must be able to lift 25lbs.
· Strong communicators (i.e. excellent written, oral, and presentation skills) and active listeners needed.
· Must be able to handle multiple demands from many people, set priorities, and have a high level of attention to detail to complete high-quality work in a timely manner.
· Strong problem-solving skills in dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced setting required.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Must have a high level of interpersonal skills in order to manage and deliver results for diverse teams and internal functional areas. This position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
· Executive Admin experience (calendaring, managing calendars, reconciling expenses) is preferred.
· Analytical ability is required in order to gather/summarize data for reports and projects and to find solutions to various administrative projects and issues.
· To be successful in this position, the candidate needs to be punctual, have regular in-office attendance, and be available and visible to our customers. This is not a telecommuting position.
· Entrepreneurial mindset.
· Detail and results oriented.
· Cross-functional team player and networker; highly collaborative.
· Contagious positive passion for excellence.
· Self-awareness of personal strengths and limitations.
· Ability to apply creative and improvisational thinking.
· Genuine character and superior interpersonal skills.