VeloCloud Sales Engineer
The SE will provide direct support during sales calls and is well-versed in WAN connectivity, networking, Cloud, and SaaS services and technologies, and able to drill down into specific technological areas as it relates to these areas.
- The SE shall provide advanced pre-sales support to the sales organization to drive the successful sales of Velocloud solutions through channel partners to end-customers, leveraging channel partner resources.
- The SE shall provide network designs and architectures, in addition to technical recommendations and advice to VeloCloud prospects, customers, and channel partners.
- The SE will also lead technical responses to RFI’s, RFP’s, and sales proposals.
- The SE will provide the technical training to VeloCloud prospects, customers, and channel partners, and will participate in joint sales calls with VeloCloud’s channel partners on an as needed basis. This training will ensure the channel partner is appropriately trained and prepared to successfully prospect, market, and sell VeloCloud’s products and services.
- The SE will translate complex requirements into VeloCloud network solutions. Create overall VeloCloud network solutions consisting of design documents, statements of work, bills of materials, and support arrangements.
- The SE will be responsible for all POCs, lab trials, field trials, and Beta programs in the SE’s respective territory.
- The SE will work with the sales team to coordinate Velocloud technical personnel to ensure channel partners meet their sales and support objectives of Velocloud solutions.
- The SE will work with the sales team to hit regional sales objectives and quotas, and will help coordinate and participate in channel partner or Velocloud events and presentations.
- The SE will assess revenue-enhancing features and upgrades to Velocloud products based on account and partner feedback.
Desired Recent Professional Experience
- Technical Marketing Engineer, Sales Engineer, Networking Engineer, etc…from reputable companies in the WAN networking space, with hands-on experience managing POCs, field trials, and beta programs. Further, must have experience supporting sales personnel on pre-sales calls, including presenting technical solutions, performing technical demonstrations, and providing technical context and answers during the pre-sales cycle.
- Network Industry Certification preferred (CCIE) preferred. BGP and OSPF routing knowledge and experience a must.
- 7 years of experience with data centers, networking, WAN technologies, and Cloud services, particularly through Value Added Resellers and Systems Integrators for enterprise markets.
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to establish rapport and credibility and clearly articulate a value proposition.
- Ability to effectively and energetically present technology and business propositions to customers, peers, and management.
- Experience with CRM sales tools such as Salesforce.com.
- Analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Expect 50% travel requirements
- BS Computer Science preferred