The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for pipeline contribution through a mix of inbound lead follow-up, prospecting, and qualification activities over a variety of media (phone, email, and social media).
This is a fast-paced, high-energy role so thinking on your feet is a must. You will be responsible for the cultivation of over 500 of Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) at any given time, so being organized is critical. You will be making 30 to 45 calls per day to mid- and large-sized enterprises with deal sizes ranging from $10k to $400k.
Qualify inbound MQLs to produce a consistent flow of opportunities for the Field Sales team
- Crisply articulate VeloCloud SD-WAN solution’s benefits on the phone and in email
- Identify the end user's needs and propose appropriate next steps
- Identify and engage key decision-makers
- Set-up a teleconference between the end-user and Field Sales
- Prospect key accounts and curate cold lists
- Professionally pitch VeloCloud’s value propositions
- Work with Field Sales to facilitate product evaluations and assist with deal closure
You will carry a quarterly quota of Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) you are responsible for contributing to the pipeline.
- Minimum of 1 year in a business or sales development role with quota
- Experience pitching high tech products and services is a must
- Experience pitching or selling SaaS solutions is a plus
- Familiarity with data platforms, such as RainKing, Data.com, and DiscoverOrg
- Skilled in verbal and written communications
- Experience using a comprehensive sales CRM (Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Sugar, etc…)
- Superb organization skills and time management
- BA/BS degree
This position is located at our headquarters in Mountain View, CA. Not only are we disrupting the enterprise infrastructure market, we have an amazing culture of learning, acceptance, and trust. Competitive compensation and equity, competitive benefits, catered daily lunches, flexible vacations, fun activities (Friday happy hour, birthday celebrations, softball, bowling – and more!) – we work hard and play hard too. At VeloCloud you are part of the family!