Support : Senior Technical Support Engineer at Velocloud Networks
Location: Chennai, India
VeloCloud is solving IT’s problem of cost effectively provisioning branch, SMB and mobile users with both high performance and controlled access to Public and Private Cloud Applications. As applications and services migrate from local sites and data centers to the cloud, access over fixed and mobile broadband becomes critical. Existing solutions are suited for larger, IT supported sites accessing enterprise data centers over private, dedicated networks.
VeloCloud will disrupt the extended enterprise infrastructure market – unlike conventional solutions that require branch and data center boxes, we see VeloCloud becoming the programmable on-ramp and platform for Cloud Services and Cloud Apps.
Velocloud is an early-stage startup with offices in Silicon Valley and Chennai, India. Our founding team consists of serial entrepreneurs who have numerous successes under their belts and enjoy working in small, fast moving teams with ambitious goals.
Velocloud and You
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud.
Do you love to make new things, design and develop cool stuff that will be used by legions of people ? Do you want to learn about new groundbreaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun and exhilarating environment ? If you want the thrill of your life, want to change the world and work with and learn from a team of rock star engineers, then come join us. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and trustworthy environment as we do to building our products.
- Take ownership of issues reported by the customer and work towards its resolution
- Provide immediate solution / workaround and guide customers till issue is resolved.
- Provide timely and accurate information to customers
- Live debugging / troubleshooting on the customer’s environment to collect additional information about the problem
- Recreating customer issues in local lab environment, for root cause analysis and work with engineering with fixing of the issues.
- Verification of customer reported issues that has been fixed by Engineering teams.
- Document the knowledge in the form of knowledge base / technical notes
- Initial configuration & roll out of new customer installations.
- Quick turn around time in resolution of issues for higher level of customer satisfaction.
- Candidate would be a member of TAC team
- Candidates should have 8 to 12 years of experience in handling Support on networking products
- Ability to work independently in fast paced unstructured enviornment
- Good communication skills.
- Good analytical & troubleshooting skills.
- Strong in fundamentals of networking protocols in L2/L3 of OSI stack.
- Hands on Experience in TCP/IP stack, QoS, L4-L7 proxy devices or applications like WAN optimization devices, server load balancers and/or caching devices preferred
- Education: Should possess a minimum qualification of B.E/B.Tech in CS/IT/ECE/EEE.