Are you a systems thinker who loves to contribute from prototype to scale? Do you find the thought of being part of an early-stage, fast-growing startup exciting? If so, we’re looking for someone like you to help us take our platform to the next level.
Minnow is building a network of IoT-enabled food delivery and pickup outposts (we call them "pods") to power the on-demand food economy. Minnow’s delivery pods provide office buildings and other workplaces with a state-of-the-art food amenity, while enabling restaurants to increase off-premise sales by meeting their customers wherever they are. Minnow is a venture-funded company that operates at the intersection of food, real estate, and technology.
We’re quickly building on a string of successes, having already field tested our first prototype, raised a significant seed round, and built and shipped our second prototype. We’re now generating revenue and gearing up for production.
We move fast. We take our product very seriously, and can go from concept on paper to installation on site in an astonishingly short time.
We’re constantly learning. A data first, introspective culture of continuous learning and improvement informs everything we do.
We make amazing products. The love, attention to detail, and craftsmanship that go into our work are apparent from the moment users interact with it.
Learn more about us at www.minnow.me and check out our open source work on GitHub.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As a Software Engineer at Minnow, you’ll work with our existing team on Elixir applications and services, to include responsibilities like:
● Work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications and services, or provide support for existing systems
● Collaborate with designers, frontend developers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product
● Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects
● Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing
You have a string of interesting open source projects that you can talk about. You’re involved in your local maker community, whether it’s through Meetups, hacker spaces, amateur radio, or volunteer programs and open source contributions to share. You have distributed systems design and development know-how and what you don’t know, you know how to learn.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● B.Sc./M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent education or experience
● Minimum of 2–5 years of experience
● Certifications will be considered
● Solid understanding of OTP and BEAM
● Experience designing and working with relational database systems (preferably PostgreSQL)
● Experience developing backend services and JSON APIs
● Excellent communication and collaboration skills