About Vanguard Pharma
Vanguard Pharma is a leading pharmaceutical contract sales organization serving the industry with innovative sales solutions, high quality sales teams, and flexible partnerships that are required in today's unpredictable marketplace. We offer unparalleled service to our pharmaceutical company clients and quality support to our employees. In an industry that is facing many stresses and challenges, Vanguard Pharma has experienced considerable growth, stability, has never been more successful than now, and is currently expanding once again.
Position: Medical Laboratory Technician (Physician office-based role)
Territory: Greater Boston Area
The Story Behind This Position:
Vanguard Pharma is introducing a significant advance in pathogen lab testing which enables the tests to take place in physician offices.
Physicians and other providers are excited about this technology (PCR) as it delivers results much faster than the "old way" (sending urine samples out for cultures in cases of a suspected UTI), is more accurate, and improves patient outcomes.
Opportunities will soon be available in most parts of the USA - currently, we are searching for qualified lab technicians to be based out of the following areas:
Ft Myers/Naples, FL
El Paso, TX
Medical Lab Techncian will work in the doctor's office. Your employment will be directly with the medical office.
The most common specialty areas where staffing is needed is in Urology, Ob/Gyn, Family Practice, Urgent Care, and ENT.
Salaries, benefits, working hours will vary with each medical practice.
Most opportunities are full-time but part-time opportunities are available in some practices as well. Please specify your preference for either full time or part time employment.
The Medical Lab Technician will oversee technicians in molecular clinical testing and microbiology testing and also perform molecular clinical testing. 1+ year experience in high complexity clinical laboratory testing required.
- DNA/RNA sample extraction
- Independently perform PCR runs, analyze data, and prepare technical reports according to standard operating procedures
- Prepare samples, generate libraries, and operate next generation sequencing instruments
- Accurately and comprehensively document all experimental details
- Identify, report, and troubleshoot procedural deviations and out of specification results
- Organize samples/specimens, maintain inventory, and update specimen database
- Prepare buffers and reagents
- Contribute to the development and improvement of laboratory processes and procedures
- May be required to maintain and calibrate instruments and/or equipment
- Participate in routine laboratory tasks
- Provide support to other laboratory staff
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or related field required
- 1+ year experience in high complexity clinical laboratory testing required
- Experience with real time PCR and instruments a plus
- Must possess above average computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage projects
- Demonstrated Scientific/Technical writing skills
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
Vanguard Pharma is an Equal Opportunity Employer.