In a Nutshell
Valve+Meter is in search of a Marketing Specialist to join our growing agency. The Marketing Specialist is a key contributor to the Valve+Meter marketing services team, responsible for expanding the capabilities of our team across a variety of projects, campaigns, and tactics. If you’re looking for an early-stage career opportunity where you can help clients drive results and revenue, this might be the opportunity for you!
What will you be doing?
- Move client projects forward based on data-driven decisions to reach our performance marketing goals.
- Assist in managing custom advertising programs to completion.
- Continually measure performance on conversion-focused projects in a variety of channels.
- Help drive both online and offline media buying and customer acquisition strategy for our clients by developing and managing profitable buys for multiple brands.
- Quickly learn how to apply fundamental analytics and research concepts to a wide variety of data sources.
- Maintain strong knowledge of each client's target audience and research what type of campaigns will reach that audience most effectively.
- Support our agency’s digital marketing strategy with first-hand knowledge of SEO (including Local SEO), SEM, ORM, Syndication, Email, Social, and Display.
- Perform analysis of digital marketing related performance and other data sets to determine the customer’s campaign cost-per-lead, conversion rates, or other key metrics.
- Assist in the marketing opportunity assessment process for custom marketing campaigns.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting on an as-needed basis to identify performance gain or loss with suggestions to optimize campaign and upsell.
- Make recommendations to develop media process/procedure when necessary.
- Oversee the preparation of media plans for assigned clients based on briefing from Marketing Performance Managers.
- Negotiate and prepare media contracts.
- Prepare media schedules and keep schedules current.
- Manage and establish deadlines for required materials (creative assets i.e. commercials, print ads, mailers, digital audio and video, banners, etc.)
- Oversee media cost estimates and manage the revisions as required when changes occur to rates or other material aspects of the plan.
- Implement some recommended campaign changes, including on-page SEO (internal linking, title tags, headings, adding alt attributes, etc).
- Ability to work cross-functionally to implement recommended changes.
- Work with the Marketing Services team to improve overall campaign performance and client satisfaction.
- Assist sales team in analyses of prospective clients’ current marketing efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Relevant Capabilities and Experience
- Experience with Internet marketing best practices including SEO, Local SEO, SEM, Email and Social Media Marketing.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks for multiple clients.
- Can accurately track & manage billable and non-billable time.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- 1-2 years Digital agency experience preferred but others with strong digital marketing experience will be considered.
- 4-year college degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Business, or related.