We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who is organized with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude. We need a leader who is skilled in software architecture and development, managing an engineering team, and organizing workloads, specifically project management in Trello.
You must be passionate about learning new things. You should love coding and the rigors of a complex project with challenging, yet fun, engineering problems.
At V1, we push the envelope. One example is a new e-commerce experience that will create a personalized shopping experience for every customer. The design and engineering experience has started but needs your help to take it to launch.
- This is 100% remote work from your dedicated home office.
- You must be located in the United States or Canada.
- You must be able to work within Eastern time zone hours; our daily standup is at 8:00A Eastern.
- Work with the global development team to deliver highly-polished, quality experiences above and beyond specifications.
- Responsible for working with V1’s global Engineering Team to design and build a world-class e-commerce system.
- Work collaboratively with the Development Team and Design Team.
- Provide application architecture and technical oversight for design, development, and maintenance of applications for new and existing products.
- Hands-on development demonstrating coding and technology best practices.
- Ability to envision project goals, product architectural solutions, and a high focus on details and tasks to ensure successful implementation.
- Trusted ability to work independently and handle multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously. Proactively address potential deadline risks posed by technical challenges.
- Articulate complex problems through application architecture artifacts and detail design documentation communicating viable architecture and design approaches in a clear and concise manner.
To be Successful, You Need:
- Significant energy with self-motivation towards technical excellence.
- Proven technical leadership through motivation and guidance.
- Professional and expert level verbal and written communication skills.
- Exemplary collaboration skills.
- Comfortable working in a metrics focused environment; strong ability to plan weekly and monthly goals.
- Ability to use Google Apps to create architectural documents and write requirement specs in Trello.
- Proficient in shipping production quality applications.
- Highly experienced with modern web application development.
Knowledgeable of the following:
- Apollo 2.x
- AWS (EC2, S3)
- Docker configuration
- GIT and GIT-flow pattern
- Material UI
- MongoDB and Mongoose
- Webpack configuration
Bonus: If you have experience with the following:
- Payment APIs from Braintree and Apple Pay for third party integrations.
- React Storybook
- Bachelor’s degree required; background in Computer Science or Engineering strongly preferred.
- 10+ years developing scalable web applications in a commercial setting.
- 5+ years in an Engineering Manager role.
- Experience with managing projects built with React.js/Redux/Node.js with VS Code.
- Experience with Mac OSX, Linux, and Windows.
- Experience developing for a cloud environment (AWS or Azure).
- Proven ability to execute within an agile environment.
- Exemplary communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Must be a collaborator; able to build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a metrics-managed environment.
- Strong organizational skills; able to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands.
- Strong analytical, data-processing, and problem solving skills.
- Fluent English speaking and written communication skills required.
- 1+ year of remote work experience from your dedicated home office required.
- Experience working with internationally distributed teams required.
- Salary: We offer a highly competitive salary range based on cost of living, market value of the role, years of experience with the requirements of the role, compensation for this role in similar startups, etc. We offer salary or hourly payment based on the role and your preferences.
- California Residents: W2 and benefits package for California residents.
- 1099: We keep it simple at V1. Each team member is responsible for their taxes based on their country and state.
- Benefits of remote work: Flexible work schedule, there are no rigid time off policies, no commute, a significantly better work-to-life balance.