Role Description: Part Time Team Leader (Energy Call Centre)
Location Colindale, London
Contract type Permanent
Hours: Open to negotiation (office is open 8:30am to 6pm)
Close Date: 21/02/2020 12:30pm
Hello, we're Utility Warehouse.
We help people get on with their lives and spend their time how they want to. And we’re bringing together a nation of self-starters to build a different type of utility company. One where partners can run their own business and reach the goals that matter to them.
For customers, we offer permanent peace of mind. One bill, great value and no need to ever switch again.
And for our people, we provide clear opportunities to help them achieve both their professional and their personal ambitions.
A bit more about us
You probably won't have heard much about us, but we're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the past 20 years.
We're a FTSE 250 business and knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. But in two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, there are two things that have remained constant:
- We bundle together all our customers' household utilities and send them a single monthly bill
- We don't promote our services directly to customers - we have 40,000 partners around the country who recommend us
And we know we’re onto something - we have been recommended by Which? 10 years in a row - but we’re only just getting started…
What you're responsible for
- Operational performance: Work with your manager and the service delivery lead to ensure your team help in achieve their KPIs on a daily basis. Deputising as manager when necessary – i.e. Saturdays
- Team and Individual performance: You spend 70% of your time supporting team members performance by coaching, knowledge sessions, side by side coaching, team briefings, involvement in difficult conversations and any other team interaction.
- Self-Development: You take personal responsibility for your own learning and self-development.
- Member experience:You run forums and training sessions to maximise the performance of your team whilst ensuring our members and partners personal details secured by adhering to all regulatory and compliance policies.
- Engagement: You support and develop new initiatives to develop employee engagement and motivate your team to achieve their goals.
- HR issues: You monitor your team and appropriately highlight any conduct, capability and absence issues to your manager and HR.
- Knowledge: You clearly communicate the departmental targets and hold your team members accountable for their performance.You brief your team on all process and product changes/issues so business updates are well understood.
- IT issues: you are responsible for immediately reporting any member affecting IT issues to IT or your manager
- Compliance: To ensure we remain compliant with all policies and procedures set out by the company and relevant government bodies.
A bit more about you
- Motivating and engaging: You are passionate about the Member experience and you inspire your team to be ‘Proud to be Purple’.
- Role Model: You are a role model for your team. Build and maintain effective relationships throughout the business.
- Results focused: you are motivated and you know what good looks like, you have meaningful conversations that drive the required results and you are accountable for the performance of your team.
- Emotionally Intelligent: you are self-aware and understand others’ feelings and perspectives. You are collaborative and cooperative.
- Developing and nurturing: Willingness to increase knowledge and share this with their team, peers and other work colleagues. You are a constructive and encouraging coach.
- Change: We love change! You are someone who embraces change. You ensure that change is supported by your team through communication and consultation.
- A great communicator: You are a confident communicator (verbal and written) and an open listener. You send convincing messages and bring people along with you.
- Organised: A self-starter who is organised, is great at time management and that can meet deadlines set by your manager.
What we’re offering
The opportunity to join an established but dynamic business that’s going through significant change and still has huge growth potential.
A very competitive basic salary, some great benefits and the potential to join our share option scheme.
And by helping us achieve our business and brand goals, you’ll be one of the most sought-after marketing talents in London.
Get in touch
If this role sounds like it was made for you, then do please get in touch.
And if it doesn’t but you still like the sound of Utility Warehouse, then drop us a line anyway - we’re hiring in all sorts of positions across the business.