Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? Here at Utility Warehouse, we pride ourselves on delivering award-winning service to our members. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Test Lead to own the delivery of fully tested and assured systems and processes to the UW energy department and customers. You’ll need to define and execute test plans on multiple environments and systems, define and deliver to success criteria, and drive defect resolution with each party in the end to end system, including; our technology team, our DCC Gateway Provider, Smart DCC, and other relevant third-party service providers.
You will be managing a small group of testers and play a key part in the overall delivery of energy department projects. You’ll have management experience, or the skills and desire to take on a leadership role, using your expertise and motivational skills to guide and mentor the Test team to deliver to high standards.
This role reports into the Energy Programmes team and will initially focus on supporting our 2nd generation Smart Meter implementation projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsibility for day to day ownership and completion of integration and regression testing for all projects in the domain of the Energy Programmes team
- Creation of test plans and identification of test scope, including defining success criteria and completion timescales, ensuring these are aligned to overall programme delivery
- Working closely with the wider business to ensure that each feature is tested to appropriate quality, helping to eliminate any issues before live deployment
- Assuring all systems and products that are within scope, providing the recommendation to the Release Manager for live deployment
- Push through triage and defect resolution to ensure testing progresses in a smooth and timely fashion
- Managing and mentoring team members
- Resource planning and management
- Manage End to End testing relationships and logistics, forming strong and beneficial relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for designing and coordinating testing governance and administration, developing artefacts and utilising the team for daily calls, test dashboards and exit reports, defect logs, traceability and progress reporting
- Always be looking to innovate and improve the way testing is conducted, including recommendation of alternative tools, solutions and methods
- Liaising with Energy Project Managers and the Technology team to communicate progress and notify of issues.
You will need to be an experienced Test Analyst and be able demonstrate technical skills and aptitude, have a passion for getting to the root cause of issues, and the drive to find solutions. We are looking for someone with solid experience of integration and testing projects, and experience working with smart metering hardware.
- Knowledge of testing best practices, with an ability to apply appropriate standards, methods, tools and approaches on a project
- The ability to work with and coordinate key stakeholders and third parties to achieve positive testing outcomes.
Other desirable experience/qualifications:
- Understanding of UK energy market
- Understanding of UK Smart Metering ecosystem and supplier testing obligations with Smart DCC
- Domain knowledge of energy supplier flows and business processes
- Familiarity with key industry technical documentation, including; SMETS, GBCS, DUGIDS & DUIS
- Minimum of 2 years working in a Test Analyst role
- ISEB, ISTQB or equivalent certification.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and have a full UK driving licence.
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
You’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, share options, an additional annual bonus, staff discount, subsidised canteen and much more!
You can leave corporate jargon at the door here at Utility Warehouse and just be yourself. If you want to join a business and team that celebrates you being your best self then we could be just what you are looking for too!
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London. We have fantastic onsite facilities including a subsidised canteen, chill out areas and a very active social calendar. Whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or you fancy joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!