Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
UW Home Services - part of Utility Warehouse - will be providing smart meter installation and maintenance services to Utility Warehouse energy customers. We are looking to recruit a Field Team Manager to support the Field Operations Director in successfully managing the operation of all Field Engineers effectively. The role will encompass a range of activities to full support your team of engineers in installation performance, Quality assurance and ongoing support in the field.
The main responsibilities are:
- Lead and develop your team by setting measurable goals, holding team meetings, 1-to-1s and creating individual development training plans.
- Promote a culture of engagement and motivation within the team.
- Manage the field team, providing coaching, mentoring, HR and First line support.
- Provide technical support for engineers (Mon-Fri and rota basis for weekend support).
- Incident and Accident investigation completing reports and finding resolutions.
- Quality assurance monitoring, completing work in progress and post complete audits.
- Engineer performance monitoring, to achieve all business KPI’s.
- Monitoring and informing teams of all Safety & Technical Updates.
- Assessment of new and existing engineer’s competency.
- We are looking for a Field Team Manager who has previous experience with field operations management, industry compliance and Health and Safety regulations. We require that the candidate has:
- Hold or previously held Gas ACS Qualifications CCN1/CMA1 & MET1
- Hold or previously held MOCOPA permit to operate Single phase & Single of multiphase
- Extensive managerial experience within field work forces
- Experience in Dual Fuel Smart Metering
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of multiple operating platforms
- Can prioritise your own workload and work with initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines with the ability to be organised, methodical and to prioritise accordingly
We would also prefer you have:
- Excellent understanding of industry compliance
- Qualification in Management
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. The job is a full time (40 hours) permanent contract with usual working hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm (although there is flexibility with this). Your starting salary will be £35,000 - £37,000 per annum. You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), an annual salary review, a contributor pension scheme, staff discounts and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ in London.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so may awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
- UW Home Services is based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, just off the M61 motorway and can easily be accessed via a short commute from the Greater Manchester & Lancashire regions.