Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
UW Home Services - part of Utility Warehouse - provide smart meter installation and maintenance services to Utility Warehouse energy customers. We are looking to recruit an Electrical Technical Specialist to support the Technical Services Manager with our ongoing metering projects and assist the Senior Team to explore potential revenue streams in existing and emerging markets.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development and maintenance of electrical policies, procedures & safe systems of work
- Explore and research business opportunities within the electrical sector and report back to the senior team
- Work collaboratively across the business and in partnership with L&D colleagues to design and update training materials and procedures in alignment with business requirements and objectives
- Represent the business at industry forums and exhibitions
- Ensure your own Continual Professional Development (CPD) is relevant and in place
We are looking for an individual with strong organisational, planning and time management skills who has extensive experience in the electrical industry and is up to date with changes within the electrical infrastructure and emerging markets.
We require that the candidate has:
- A minimum City and Guilds Level 3 in Electrical Engineering
- A proven track record in building services and maintenance
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
- Solid understanding of electrical regulations and standards
- Experience from industry in the position of an Authorised Person/Authorising Engineer
- Full UK Driving Licence
We would also prefer you have:
- Hold an HNC in the appropriate subject
- Strong leadership, coaching and interpersonal skills
- Project management, organisation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- IT literate, with good knowledge of MS products
- Professional registration with IET
You will enjoy a challenge and enjoy being part of a close-knit team. You will also need to be a great communicator, able to work well with others in order to achieve outstanding results.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your starting salary will be £35000 - £40000 (dependant on experience). And you’ll be able to earn bonuses too. You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, life assurance, a contributor pension scheme, staff discounts and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ in London.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so may awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
- UW Home Services is based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, just off the M61 motorway and can easily be accessed via a short commute from the Greater Manchester & Lancashire regions.