Smart Energy Operations Team (Customer Solutions)
Hours: Monday - Friday (40 hours per week)
Location: Colindale, London
Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? Here at Utility Warehouse, we pride ourselves on delivering award-winning service to our members.
What makes UW a great fit for you?
Smart Energy is at the heart of our customer proposition at Utility Warehouse and we aim to deliver each one of our energy customers smart technology over the next 12 months. To help us achieve this, we are setting up a new Smart Energy Ops team to support and problem solve for our customers during this change.
Who we’re looking for
Don’t worry you don’t need to have years of work experience, we’ll give you the knowledge and systems skills to set you up for success as long as you have the right attitude and hunger to learn!
We’re on the lookout for someone who:
- Enjoys problem solving… solving complex puzzles will be fun to you!
- Is not phased by working in a high change environment
- Is hungry to continuously learn new skills and systems
- Has strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Can communicate with a diverse group of customers over the phone with confidence and ease
- Get’s energy from working in a team
Ask yourself are you:
- Able to complete tasks efficiently and within deadlines?
- Able to take charge, plan and guide others through complex situations?
- Able to retain a positive and proactive outlook day in day out?
Don’t forget though, you’ll need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What you'll do
Working within the Smart Energy Operations Team you will be in charge of solving problems around Smart Energy from start to finish helping them get back to enjoying their lives as quickly and effortlessly as possible. You will be empowered to provide customers with the peace of mind that their current issue is resolved.
On a day to day basis this looks like:
- Supporting SMETS2 (second generation smart meters) production installation and support the tracking of installed devices
- Providing reports on performance of devices
- Managing inventory of meter stock
- 1st line technical support for our contact centre, operations team and meter installers and being a key point of contact for our service providers and DCC
- Supporting Firmware Upgrades
- Taking ownership of High Level Complaints and Escalations and managing long term / complex defects and incidents and reporting on them
- Demonstrating a clear competence in testing and triage functional aspects of metering systems and find root causes where applicable
- Supporting and identifying requirements for knowledge transfer between departments and individuals.
- Identifying and developing technical training needs, producing learning materials and administering training to other teams
The fine print
Our standard working week is 40 hours per week between Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm.
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. In addition to your annual salary, you’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme and share options.
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London where you will benefit from some great perks including:
- State of the art facilities with free parking, subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods
- Health & wellbeing benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare & gym membership, an onsite nurse, gourmet society membership and more!
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights, family parties and plenty more!
- Clubs & committees for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading, charity, diversity etc
Basically, whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
Get to know us
Unlike other large companies, here at UW, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel - that’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
What are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be part of our award-winning team? Take a plunge an apply now…be part of something special, be part of our team purple!
Once we receive your application you will receive an email or call from our amazing resourcing team within 48 hours. This is your opportunity to shine and tell them why you would be perfect for the UW family.
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?