Role title: Customer Service Advisor (Call Centre)
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Saturday
Location: Colindale, London
What makes UW a great fit for you?
Customer services is at the heart of what we do here at Utility Warehouse and we aim to deliver each one of our 600,000 customers a personal experience with a warm, human touch. To help us achieve this, we are on the look-out for talent to join our customer services team who love helping others, enjoy problem solving and are ready to go above and beyond for our customers.
Who we’re looking for
You don’t need to have years of call centre or customer service experience; our intensive training will give you the knowledge and systems skills to set you up for success as long as you have the right attitude.
However, let’s be honest, this isn’t a role for the faint hearted. No two customers, problems, or resolution journeys are the same. Sometimes you won’t know the right answer, but we’re looking for someone who is always up for the challenge and resilient to keep going.
We’re on the lookout for someone:
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Confident and able to drive decisions
- Able to take charge, plan and guide others through complex situations
- Can you turn up on time day in day out even when it gets tough to ensure our customers get the award-winning experience we are known for?
- Do you get excited by the prospect of learning something new?
- Can you listen, empathise and take charge in situations where others feel lost?
- Can you break things down and communicate naturally to a range of audiences?
Don’t forget though, you’ll need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What you'll do
As a Customer Service Advisor in our call centre you will be in charge of solving our customers’ problems from start to finish helping them get back to enjoying their lives as quickly and effortlessly as possible. You will be empowered to provide customers with the peace of mind that their current issue is resolved.
On a day to day basis this looks like:
- Inbound call management: be the first point of contact for our customer queries in relation to the products and services they have signed up to
- Problem solving: finding the right solution for our customers to resolve their queries at 1st point of contact relieving the stress while guiding them to a quick and easy resolution
- Team working: our positive team culture relies on open communication to continuously improve how our work gets done so sharing your learnings and experience to support others should come naturally!
The fine print
Our standard working week is 40 hours per week across 5 days between Monday to Saturday, you’ll need to be able to work every other Saturday. What will this look like in terms of shifts?
- 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
- 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday
- 9am - 4.30pm Saturday
Don’t worry, we provide you with four weeks notice of your shift patterns so that there is plenty of time for you to arrange your personal life to achieve that work life balance.
In this role your starting salary will be a competitive £22,000 and you'll be eligible for a £500 increase after completing your probationary period - which is typically six months. You'll also get another increase to £23,000 six months after that. You’ll be able to earn monthly bonuses too – up to 10% of your salary.
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. In addition to your annual salary and bonus, you’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme and share options.
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London where you will benefit from some great perks including:
- State of the art facilities with free parking, subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods
- Health & wellbeing benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare & gym membership, an onsite nurse, gourmet society membership and more!
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights, family parties and plenty more!
- Clubs & committees for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading, charitee, diversity etc
Basically, whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
Get to know us
Unlike other large companies, here at UW, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel - that’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
What are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be part of our award-winning customer service team? Take a plunge an apply now…be part of something special, be part of our team purple!
Once we receive your application you will receive an email or call from our amazing resourcing team within 48 hours. This is your opportunity to shine and tell them why you would be perfect for the UW family.
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?