With ambitious business plans for the future, it is important that as we rebuild our systems, we enable future growth and allow new business ideas to be realised. To achieve this, our data models and architecture must reflect the in the way business communicates and operates now and how it wants to operate in future. So although this is an primarily an engineering position, data architecture and understanding how the business works are key.
You will investigate and decompose existing software applications and business processes, design and implement mostly greenfield replacements, as well as of integrations into the existing system where needed. You will re-modelling key business entities, identify the interfaces needed and produce APIs or event streams for use by other teams.
You should be keen to understand how the business operates, comfortable exploring and building and operating production ready systems with your own choices of technology, and prepared to dig deep into legacy code when the need arises.
- design, architect, build and operate platforms and applications
- contribute to business wide solution architecture
- rebuild, rethink and remodel legacy platforms using modern technology
- evangelise good data and event modelling practices
- build integrations with legacy systems
- good engineering skills with an eye for both modelling and code architecture
- experience in event driven and distributed micro architectures
- belief in agile principles and a devops culture
- know when and how to apply test driven and BDD approaches
- willingness to explore new approaches and technologies
- experience refactoring/rebuilding legacy platforms
Squads currently hiring Platform Engineers:
Partner platform has ownership of the partner position entity, its association with customers, geni calculation, commission, communication preferences etc. It provides an event stream to its consumers (partner portal/PRM), accepts changes raised by user facing applications and deals with any processing currently done by Bill in ‘overnights’ or other daily method runs.
Customer platform has ownership of the customer account entity, its association with services, taken products, billing cycles, communication preferences etc. It provides an event stream to its consumers (clubhouse/CRM) and deals with any processing currently done by Bill in ‘overnights’ or other daily method runs.
The UniPay squad is responsible for creating a payments platform and allowing different types of payments to be
registered and used in a uniform manner. The team is responsible for extending our accepted payments suite to include things like Apple Pay and others. The platform will allow users to schedule direct debits, collect bank cheques, process card payments (including things like 3DSecure, etc) and bank transfers. The platform will provide means by which consumers of this platform will be able to retrieve payments made towards or by payees.