Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
UW Home Services - part of Utility Warehouse - provide smart meter installation and maintenance services to Utility Warehouse energy customers. We are looking to recruit a HR Coordinator to be the first point of contact for all our colleagues, acting as an ambassador promoting and delivering a great people experience.
The main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work collaboratively and provide a general support function across multiple departments;
- Support the HR Admin with the efficient delivery of employee life cycle processes – starters (onboarding, probations, RTW checks, visa/background checks), transfers, leavers (exit interviews/questionnaires);
- Maintaining HRIS information (e.g. time-off, holiday, sickness/absence etc.) and carrying out HRIS data audits;
- Take responsibility for managing the HR filing system, ensuring it complies with GDPR and that all documentation is stored securely and in a manner that is easily accessible;
- Support the HR Manager to continually improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the services provided via use of technology and evolution/design of internal processes;
- Promote, educate and inform individuals on HR systems – BambooHR, ADP, Company Intranet, and other e-channels;
- Provide support and guidance to individuals relating to company policies and procedures, assist in identifying next steps/escalations to ensure ER issues are managed appropriately;
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects
- Assist managers with notetaking in HR meetings, including team meetings, investigations, disciplinaries, appeals etc.
We are looking for someone with 2-3 years’ experience of administering and coordinating various HR procedures. Our successful candidate will have a minimum of level 3 CIPD, and preferably be working towards a higher level.
You will be keenly detail-oriented, have experience of both Google-suite and Microsoft Office packages and most importantly, be someone who loves to get involved with all aspects of the HR function.
Excellent organisational and analytical skills, with an ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment are essential, as is the ability to establish credible and personable relationships across the business. Added to this, you’ll have a warm, approachable, discreet and friendly manner, together with a passion for all things people-related to enable you to fit in with our departmental and Company culture.
This is an exciting role for a Human Resources professional who is keen to be part of, and progress within, a dynamic HR Team in a growing organisation, working to maintain its family-feel and nurturing culture.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your starting salary will be £19,000 - £22,000 p.a. And you’ll be able to earn annual bonuses too. You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, a contributor pension scheme, staff discounts and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ in London.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so many awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
- UW Home Services is based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, just off the M61 motorway and can easily be accessed via a short commute from the Greater Manchester & Lancashire regions.