Customer Data Analyst
Utility Warehouse are seeking a creative and ambitious data professional who will play a key role in answering our most fundamental questions about our customers. Your analysis and modelling will inform strategic decision making and play a key role in how we continue to develop our relationships with our customers.
We're a supplier of home services (Energy, Telephony, Insurance & Broadband) with around 2% of the UK market, a unique business model and a huge potential to grow. As an established, 20-year-old British company our challenges are to rebuild whilst continuing to innovate and compete, in order to develop a platform to enable the future growth of the business.
At the beginning of 2016 we started a fundamental transformation here at Utility Warehouse - driven by our board; there’s a strong desire to become a modern, agile, UX and tech-led business using data to make decisions.
What you will do:
- In collaboration with data teams you will help model data and enable users to self-serve customer metrics using our BI tools
- You will help users understand our customer data models and use data safely and effectively to improve decision making
- You will undertake you own analysis projects, uncovering a deeper level of insight to discover the true story behind the numbers
- While pre-dominate focus is on quantitative metrics you will have access to qualitative data and work alongside customer insight teams to understand customer behaviour
- You will work with senior stakeholders to help understand insight needs and present back key messages from analysis projects
- Using your technology of choice you will leverage modern analytical and data science techniques to dive deeper into data
- You will support users across the business to improve their data literacy and in turn help us to create a data driven culture that improves our service offering to our customers.
The successful candidate will be a data savvy possessing curiosity and an inquisitive attitude, preferably with experience of building and articulating an analytics backlog. Technically you will need to be comfortable with data manipulation, processing and modelling. This role is an excellent opportunity for a candidate seeking the opportunity to drive themselves with their own enthusiasm for data and solving problems.
You will need:
- A passion for data analytics and reporting
- Solid experience in SQL
- Experience working with and manipulating numerical and time series data
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational data sources
- Experience using Python for data analytics
- Familiarity with fundamental statistical concepts
- Basic data visualisation and storytelling skills
- Strong stakeholder management experience, It is imperative being able to set expectations on what is and is not possible to do with the data available
- Experience creating and curating a backlog of work to form a roadmap
- To be a self-starter, bringing your own creativity, enthusiasm and real world problem-solving a rapidly changing business
- Use and knowledge of version control technologies e.g. git
Bonus points will be given for the following although not essential...
- Use of cloud analytics tools and platforms e.g. Looker, BigQuery
- Use of cloud infrastructure providers e.g. AWS, GCP