Customer Complaints Team Leader
Hours: Monday - Saturday (40 hours per week)
Location: NHQ, Colindale, London
What makes UW a great fit for you?
We all know from time to time, things can go wrong and as the right candidate, you’ll know how important it is to make things right. You’ll have experience of looking at things holistically, being objective, and always aiming to put the customer back in the position they were in. You’ll have high standards when it comes to customer interactions and will always be looking for ways to improve things for our customers
Who we’re looking for
We’re on the lookout for someone with experience of being responsible for a team of telephone based Customer Service Advisors - ideally with a specialism in complaints handling. We need someone who:
- Cares: You care about making things right for our members. You instill a culture of Care in your team and department. You put the member at the heart of what you do and always put yourself in their shoes before making decisions. You identify pain points and make constructive suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Will be accountable: You are accountable for your teams performance, actions & moral. You work alongside your team, using a range of coaching techniques to truly understand their performance and ways to improve it. You work cross-functionally with other teams in the business to resolve customer issues, improve response times & escalation routes.
- Is adaptable: You are open to innovation, understanding the need for change and coaching your team through it. You appreciate that change is needed in order for us to grow and improve
- Can be motivating and engaging: You understand that handling complaints can be a challenge, in recognition of this you motivate your team using fun & engaging initiatives. You make sure that each team member feels part of our family, believes they’re valued, and is fully signed up to treating each member like their Mum.
- Is a Role Model: You are a role model for your team, you lead by example always. You build and maintain effective relationships with individuals in your team, the department and throughout the business. You understand the importance of perception and make each interaction count.
- Is developing and nurturing: You are a constructive and encouraging coach. You understand what drives your people and what gives them purpose. You recognise talent, you give people the right opportunities for them to develop & grow.
- Is a great communicator: You are confident communicator (verbal, written and presentational) and an open listener. You send convincing messages and bring people along with you. You articulate a clear and compelling vision for those who you work with. You have an open mind and you are willing to take on the views of others.
- Do you have a passion for delivering great customer service?
- Are you looking for the next step in your career or for a brand new challenge?
- Do you thrive on doing the right thing for our members?
What you’ll do
You’ll me coaching, developing and be responsible for the day to day management of a team of advisors, ensuring all KPI’s are achieved and the team is delivering the highest standard of customer service.
On a day to day basis this looks like:
- Ensure that all complaints are assessed objectively, consistently and promptly in accordance with internal standards and external regulatory/legislative requirements
- Ensure that the decision reached for a complaint is communicated to the member in a way that is always clear and fair
- Support the complaints handling performance across our business
- Understand our legal and regulatory requirements to help ensure they are met
- Prioritising your workload effectively ensuring service level agreements are met
- Providing support and assistance to fellow team members and teams within other areas of the business
- Identifying any training requirements and providing this via feedback to Departmental Managers
- Providing support and advice to the management team on complaint handling
- Deliver 'World Class' complaint handling to our members.
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. In addition to your annual salary, you’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme and share options.
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London where you will benefit from some great perks including:
- State of the art facilities with free parking, subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods
- Health & wellbeing benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare & gym membership, an onsite nurse, gourmet society membership and more!
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights, family parties and plenty more!
- Clubs & committees for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading, charity, diversity etc
Basically, whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
Get to know us
Unlike other large companies, here at UW, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel - that’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
What are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be part of our award-winning team? Take a plunge an apply now…be part of something special, be part of our team purple!
Once we receive your application you will receive an email or call from our amazing resourcing team within 48 hours. This is your opportunity to shine and tell them why you would be perfect for the UW family.
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?
Closing date will be Friday 7th February at 5pm.