Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
UW Home Services - part of Utility Warehouse - provide smart meter installation and maintenance services to Utility Warehouse energy customers. We are looking to recruit a HR Administrator to provide administrative support to the whole of the HR function and being a first point of contact for any initial queries.
The main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing a general support function within the HR Department
- Acting as an initial point of contact for all queries in the HR Inbox and managing email responses
- Administration relating to Company procedures, Company benefits and employee relations matters
- Drafting documents and correspondence including letters and references
- Producing standard HRMI reports e.g. headcount, absence, turnover
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects
- Processing benefits (e.g. benefit scheme, salary sacrifice schemes, pension schemes etc.)
- Starters and leavers processes
- Calculating and administering temporary and permanent contractual amendments (salary increases, pro-rating part time salaries etc.)
- Maintaining HRIS information (e.g. time-off, holiday, sickness/absence, document uploads etc.)
We are looking for someone with 1-2 years’ experience of administering various HR procedures. Our successful candidate will be working towards an HR qualification or have equivalent workplace experience.
You will be keenly detail-oriented, have experience of both Google-suite and Microsoft Office packages and most importantly, be someone who loves to get involved with all aspects of the HR function.
Excellent organisational and analytical skills, with an ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment are essential, as is the ability to establish credible and personable relationships across the business. Added to this, you’ll have a warm, approachable, discreet and friendly manner, together with a passion for all things people-related to enable you to fit in with our departmental and Company culture.
This is an exciting role for a Human Resources professional who is keen to be part of, and progress within, a dynamic HR Team in a growing organisation, working to maintain its family-feel and nurturing culture.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your starting salary will be £17,000 - £20,000 p.a. And you’ll be able to earn annual bonuses too. You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, a contributor pension scheme, staff discounts and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ in London.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so many awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
- UW Home Services is based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, just off the M61 motorway and can easily be accessed via a short commute from the Greater Manchester & Lancashire regions.