Product Marketing Manager, Financial & Home Services
Location Colindale, London
Hello, we're Utility Warehouse!
We help people get on with their lives and spend their time how they want to. And we’re bringing together a nation of self-starters to build a different type of utility company. One where partners can run their own business and reach the goals that matter to them. For customers, we offer permanent peace of mind. One bill, great value and no need to ever switch again. And for our people, we provide clear opportunities to help them achieve both their professional and their personal ambitions.
A bit more about us
You probably won't have heard much about us, but we're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years. We're a FTSE 250 business and knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. But in two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, there are two things that have remained constant:
- We bundle together all our customers' household utilities and send them a single monthly bill
- We don't promote our services directly to customers - we have 40,000 partners around the country who recommend us
- And we know we’re onto something - we were the Which? ‘Utilities Brand of the Year’ in 2018 - but we’re only just getting started…
What we’re looking for
In a nutshell, someone who can lead the marketing efforts across our Financial Services and Home Services businesses. We’re looking for someone to join our growing Marketing team, who can run and grow some of the most exciting ingredients of our multi-service utilities offer.
What you're responsible for
- You’ll be the primary point of contact in Marketing for two of our newest products - Boiler & Home Cover and Boiler Installation.
- You’ll develop the positioning, messaging and broader experience for these products and services, and do so with our customer at the heart of your approach.
- You’ll lead the thinking on how to drive demand and usage of our products and services, and will deliver a range of initiatives, including onboarding journeys and campaigns to drive conversion.
- You’ll help the team internally to understand how to talk about those products and make sure customers understand how to use them.
- You’ll focus primarily on marketing to existing customers, but also on how partners can develop their conversations with prospects.
- You’ll analyse the competitive landscape and the market, and ensure the team understand our wider context.
- You’ll understand what customers want so you can help make our products great, and develop go-to-market strategies that help launch our products be received brilliantly.
- You’ll work with the Financial and Home Services teams to help deliver their growth and regulatory objectives, and with the Central Marketing team to ensure you deliver a brilliant experience.
- You’ll work in partnership with the other Product Marketing managers, and with Creative & Design, Marketing Operations and Marketing CRM.
A bit more about you
- You can deliver a coherent brand story and experience through multiple touchpoints.
- You seek out and respond to performance data, using it to improve the effectiveness of future work.
- You’re a strong and persuasive presenter, and are used to building support for ideas and initiatives amongst a wide range of personality types.
- You’re empathetic and build partnerships internally and externally based on trust and performance.
- You champion professionalism and rigour, deliver broad programmes of work with excellence and have a very strong eye for detail.
- You’ve cut your teeth in changeable working environments, and in roles where you’ve worn a number of different hats under the banner of ‘Marketing’ - which you’ve relished.
- And like all UW people, you’re motivated and ambitious, both for yourself and the business you work for.
What we’re offering
The opportunity to join an established but dynamic business that’s going through significant change and still has huge growth potential.
A very competitive basic salary, some great benefits and the potential to join our share option scheme.
And by helping us achieve our business and brand goals, you’ll be one of the most sought-after marketing talents in London.
Get in touch
If this role sounds like it was made for you, then do please get in touch.
And if it doesn’t but you still like the sound of Utility Warehouse, then drop us a line anyway - we’re hiring in all sorts of positions across the business.