BI Developer - Analytics Support
Data Platform Team
This role is an opportunity to practice data warehousing & data modelling to help build and curate first class business data assets. Enabling true self service and data democratisation, this is not a traditional BI development role. You will not be tasked with building dashboard after dashboard or endless ETL, you will collaborate with engineers and analysts to build data models that empower users to answer any question. You will help manage our data platforms and support users, ensuring best practice followed and data literacy increased.
We use looker so experience in this tool is a strong bonus but if you’re a SQL pro with expert knowledge of any other BI tool (power bi, tableau, sisense, business objects, domo, qlik etc) with good knowledge of star schema data modelling you'll be in familiar territory.
In this role you will not be hidden away and left alone with the data and technology, you will work directly with data analysts, business users, data scientists and insight consumers to help deliver agile data goals aligned to business insight needs. Working as part of a cross functional and flat team you work with like minded people who are passionate about their areas and happy to share knowledge.
A forward thinking company we are always looking for a better way to deliver more value to our customers and partners. Technology plays a key role in our strategy to be the UK’s most trusted provider in all our business sectors. If you love analytics technology, working with a variety of stakeholders and love a data puzzle your in safe hands.
- Support Data Analysts in using looker effectively
- Work closely with one or more business verticals (energy, finance, financial services, customer, marketing) to understand our data taxonomy and build data dictionaries.
- Train end users on using looker and understanding data models
- Perform code reviews and suggestions
- Help build data unit tests to monitor data quality and integrity
- Support change management, ensuring our data reflects current and historical business rules
- Ensure data governance processes are upheld
Key Skills Required
- BI tool expert (ideally looker)
- LookML or similar data modelling language knowledge
- Strong business analyst and user engaging skills
- Advanced SQL Skills
- Experience of cloud data warehouse technologies and working with large datasets (e.g. Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake)
- Excellent understanding of data integrity and data quality
- Kimble or other data modelling knowledge, star and snowflake schema modelling