Customer Complaints Advisor
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Saturday
Location: NHQ, Colindale, London
What makes UW a great fit for you?
We all know from time to time, things can go wrong and as the right candidate, you’ll know how important it is to make things right. You’ll have experience of looking at things holistically, being objective, and always aiming to put the customer back in the position they were in. You’ll have high standards when it comes to customer interactions and will always be looking for ways to improve things for our customers
Who we’re looking for
Are you a natural people person and relationship builder? An on-the-go problem solver? Always keen to go the extra mile for both colleagues and customers? If the answer to the above is yes, then read on!
We’re looking for someone with high standards when it comes to customer interactions and will always be looking for ways to improve things for our customers and our people.
We’re on the lookout for someone with the following qualities:
- Care: You care about making things right for our members. You put the member at the heart of what you do and always put yourself in their shoes before making decisions. You identify pain points and make constructive suggestions for continuous improvement
- Accountable: You are accountable for your performance, actions & morale. You work alongside your teammates and responsible for managing your own workload. You work cross-functionally with other teams in the business to resolve customer issues, improve response times & escalation routes
- Adaptable: You are open to innovation, understanding the need for change. You appreciate that change is needed in order for us to grow and improve
- Role Model: You build and maintain effective relationships with individuals in your team, the department and throughout the business. You understand the importance of perception and treating everyone with respect
- Communication: You are confident with all methods of communication (verbal, written & face to face). You are an open listener, articulate and willing to consider the views of others.
What you’ll do
You’ll be responsible solving our customers’ complaints to conclusion, helping them get back to enjoying their lives as quickly and effortlessly as possible. You will be empowered to provide customers with the peace of mind that their current issue is resolved.
On a day to day basis this looks like:
- To ensure that all complaints are assessed objectively, consistently and promptly in accordance with internal standards and external regulatory/legislative requirements
- To ensure that the decision reached for a complaint is communicated to the member in a way that is always clear and fair
- Supporting the complaints handling performance across our business
- Understanding our legal and regulatory requirements to help ensure they are met
- To prioritize your workload effectively ensuring service level agreements are met
- Providing support and assistance to fellow team members and teams within other areas of the business
- Identifying any training requirements and providing this via feedback to Departmental Managers
- Providing support and advice to the management team on complaint handling
- Delivering 'World Class' complaint handling to our members.
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. In addition to your annual salary, you’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme and share options.
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London where you will benefit from some great perks including:
- State of the art facilities with free parking, subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods
- Health & wellbeing benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare & gym membership, an onsite nurse, gourmet society membership and more!
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights, family parties and plenty more!
- Clubs & committees for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading, charity, diversity etc
Basically, whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
Get to know us
Unlike other large companies, here at UW, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel - that’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
What are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be part of our award-winning team? Take a plunge an apply now…be part of something special, be part of our team purple!
Once we receive your application you will receive an email or call from our amazing resourcing team within 48 hours. This is your opportunity to shine and tell them why you would be perfect for the UW family.
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?