Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
UW Home Services - part of Utility Warehouse - will be providing smart meter installation and maintenance services to Utility Warehouse energy customers. We are looking to recruit experienced Dual Fuel Smart Meter Engineers in the East of England.
Our prime directive is Safety, however you will be the face of UW Home Services so we require you to continue Utility Warehouse’s excellent level of customer service. Using your practical skills to install smart meters, diagnose faults and carry out repairs, whilst providing customers with energy efficiency advice and how smart meters will benefit them.
We are looking for experienced Dual Fuel Smart Meter engineers, who have previously held the role within the industry and has experience of carrying out day-to-day smart meter installs.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Qualified DF Engineers with experience of installing smart meters as their main directive
- Engineers need to hold an understanding of the current legislation and a focus to always remain compliant
- Good customer services skills, with a friendly manner
- Individuals who are only satisfied with a high level of quality, whilst remaining productive
- Engineers who are keen to develop further skills and excel in their field
- Flexibility around working evenings or weekends is needed
It is essential that the candidate has the following skills:
- Dual Fuel Smart Metering experience
- CMA1/CCN1 + MET1 qualifications (or equivalent) - currently in date
- MOCOPA authorisation and, or Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering - Power
- or Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering - Dual Fuel
- UK Driving Licence
We will carry out criminal and reference checks before you start work with us.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your basic salary will be £32,000. And you’ll be able to earn bonuses too. You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service, company van, tools, PPE, phone, an annual salary review, a contributor pension scheme, staff discounts and much more!
Your van, tools and uniform will be provided plus we will continue to enhance your technical skills by offering additional training to enable you to deliver the service required and progress within the business.
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ in London.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so may awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
- UW Home Services is based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, just off the M61 motorway and can easily be accessed via a short commute from the Greater Manchester & Lancashire regions.