Role title: Head of Risk & Compliance
Salary: Competitive salary & package
Location: Colindale, London
Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? Here at Utility Warehouse, we pride ourselves on delivering award-winning service to our members. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Head of Risk and Compliance to join our growing legal & compliance team.
The role is an exciting opportunity, offering the chance to take on a strategic role with huge scope for innovation and impact in a multi-regulated consumer facing business. You will be at the forefront of helping us shape our business for the future.
As Head of Risk and Compliance, you will be responsible for developing and managing our risk and compliance strategy. You will build our compliance capability across telecoms, financial services and energy. You’ll be working closely with the Legal Director, Energy Director and Telecoms Director to provide strategic, business focused advice and to help us meet our risk and compliance requirements and provide a great service to our members.
You will also provide guidance and support to stakeholders across the business to ensure that a proactive culture to risk, compliance and regulation flourishes and embeds within our business as well as building and managing our relationships with key regulators.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- To have a strong/broad risk and compliance and/or legal background in a regulated business (preferably finance/telecoms or energy)
- To relish the opportunity to challenge our current processes and procedures, analysing what we do, how we do it and making sure we’re aware of key regulatory changes which may impact our business
- To have 5+ years experience in risk and compliance and you’re on the look-out for a new challenge
- To be a self starter who is a strategic, analytical thinker, highly capable of developing and leading data driven risk and compliance strategy
- To be a problem solver who can diagnose the cause of a problem, propose a solution and ensure stakeholders keep to a plan of action
- To be energetic and collaborative and willing to roll up your sleeves and get involved in hands on delivery
- To enjoy and have experience of working in a consumer facing, highly visible, delivery-focused and fast paced environment
- To be highly organised, professional and detail oriented
- To have a proven ability to run a large, complex agenda across a broad range of activities
- To have strong knowledge of risk management techniques, market practice and regulation
- To be a highly effective communicator who is able to explain complex ideas to a wide audience in a simple, understandable way
- To be pragmatic with an ability to see commercial, customer-centric solutions
- To have a sense of camaraderie and good humour while under pressure
You’ll need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
You’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, share options, an additional annual bonus, staff discount, subsidised canteen and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
You can leave corporate jargon at the door here at Utility Warehouse and just be yourself. If you want to join a business and team that celebrates you being your best self then we could be just what you are looking for too! We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London. We have fantastic onsite facilities including a subsidised canteen, chill out areas and a very active social calendar. Whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or you fancy joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!