Head of Risk and Compliance
Reporting to Legal & Compliance Director
Competitive salary & package
Who are Utility Warehouse?
We're an award-winning fully-integrated utility business knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. We have experienced two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, and we know we’re onto something - we were the Which? ‘Utilities Brand of the Year’ in 2018. With 28 awards under our belt we are excited about the future ahead but we’re only just getting started!
You probably won't have heard much about us, but we're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years. We may be a FTSE 250 company with year on year growth, but at heart we still see ourselves as an entrepreneurial challenger with a strong family-feel!
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Head of Risk and Compliance to join our growing legal & compliance team.
The role is an exciting opportunity, offering the chance to take on a strategic role with huge scope for innovation and impact in a multi-regulated consumer facing business. You will be at the forefront of helping us shape our business for the future.
As Head of Risk and Compliance, you will be responsible for developing and managing our risk management strategy, driving its implementation across our business and industry units. You will build and manage a sustainable risk management framework that can be applied across our business, focussing on technology, telecoms, financial services and energy. You’ll be working closely with the Legal Director, Head of Information Security, Energy Director and Telecoms Director to provide strategic, business focused advice and to help us meet our risk and compliance requirements and provide a great service to our members.
You will also provide guidance and support to stakeholders across the business to ensure that a proactive culture to risk, compliance and regulation flourishes and embeds within our business as well as building and managing our relationships with key regulators.
- You have a strong/broad risk management background, with compliance and/or legal experience in a regulated business (preferably technology/financial services/telecoms or energy)
- You’ll relish the opportunity to challenge our current processes and procedures, analysing what we do, how we do it and making sure we’re aware of key regulatory changes which may impact our business
- You have experience working with diverse teams (ranging from product to administrative functions) to build and support a sustainable risk management program
- You have 5+ years experience in risk and compliance and you’re on the look-out for a new challenge
- You are a self starter who is a strategic, analytical thinker, highly capable of developing and leading data driven risk and compliance strategy
- You are a problem solver who can diagnose the cause of a problem, propose a solution and ensure stakeholders keep to a plan of action
- You are energetic and collaborative and willing to roll up your sleeves and get involved in hands on delivery
- You enjoy and have experience of working in a consumer facing, highly visible, delivery-focused and fast paced environment
- You are highly organised, professional and detail oriented
- You have a proven ability to run a large, complex agenda across a broad range of activities
- You have strong knowledge of risk management techniques, market practice and regulation
- You are robust and able to push opinions and hold your own when necessary
- You are a highly effective communicator who is able to explain complex ideas to a wide audience in a simple, understandable way
- You are also pragmatic with an ability to see commercial, customer centric solutions
- You have a sense of camaraderie and good humour while under pressure
What we’re offering
The opportunity to join an established, FTSE 250 but dynamic business that’s going through significant change and still has huge growth potential. You will be given the scope to work with autonomy and drive the direction for our Risk & Compliance strategy as a subject matter expert.
We also offer a very competitive basic salary, some great benefits and an excellent working environment which offers flexible working. Finally, at the heart of UW, a non-corporate culture where egos and jargon are left at the door and you can come to work to keep it simple and be your best self!