Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
The apprenticeship is set to last 18-20 months and will be a blended training and development programme, supported by the worlds largest technical training provider, GK Associates.
During this apprenticeship, you’ll learn a number of technical skills, and work within a role which will allow you to not only troubleshoot effectively, but also build on customer engagement/people skills. You will build brand loyalty by taking ownership of their queries and providing consistently unique customer experiences. You’ll speak to around 30 customers a day, providing solutions on our Home Phone, Broadband, Fibre and Mobile products - using some of the newest technologies on the market. This will include:
- You’ll build on your existing knowledge of ADSL, FTTC, wireless and basic networking skills (IP addressing, DNS etc.).
- You'll learn to use the art of questioning to identify problems such as ADSL, FTTC, PSTN, wireless and e-mail setup issues.
- You’ll troubleshoot PSTN faults like no dial tone or noisy lines.
- We’ll teach you to set up and troubleshoot wired or wireless broadband connections.
- You’ll be troubleshooting and providing solutions on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies, including 802.11 G, N and AC routers.
- You'll work with Android, IOS and Windows operating systems.
- You'll be looking to resolve any issues with 2G, 3G and 4G mobile networks.
- You’ll receive training on how to understand Broadband networking (Copper/Fibre) and Voice (Digital lines/VOIP).
You don't have to be a total technical guru or have lots of industry experience. You'll learn everything you need, to become part of our award-winning technical team - and our caring, supportive training team will support you to understand how our services and technology works. The key thing is to genuinely enjoy providing excellent customer service; have a real passion and enthusiasm for all things technical; the willingness to learn and most meaningfully a "can-do attitude".
You’ll also need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your starting salary will be £17,000 and you’ll receive an increase of up to £1,500 each time you hit one of the three milestones in our programme. You’ll earn monthly bonuses too – up to 25% of your salary. You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, share options, an additional Christmas Bonus, staff discount, subsidised canteen and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right thru the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so may awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
- Our stunning, modern NHQ is in Colindale, NW London, and is easy to get to by tube, bus or car.