Utility Warehouse | Senior Product Manager - Multiservice
Role Senior Product Manager - Multiservice
Start date Immediate
Location Colindale, London
Contract type Permanent
Utility Warehouse is an award-winning multi-utility provider, our core offering is simple: we help people get on with their lives and offer permanent peace of mind.
We're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years, a FTSE 250 business and knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. In two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, there are two things that have remained constant though:
For customers, we offer permanent peace of mind. One bill, great value and no need to ever switch again.
- We don't sell directly to customers - we have 45,000 partners around the country who can run their own business selling our products, getting the word out, and adding the human touch.
And for our people, we offer clear opportunities to help them achieve both their professional and their personal ambitions:
We deliver quickly by keeping processes light and enabling autonomy.
- We’ve never believed in ivory tower leadership. Our leadership team members are hands-on and roll-up their sleeves when needed to mentor and support.
- We encourage experimenting, don’t appreciate egos, and believe in debate, collaboration and learning.
- We care about how we deliver and who we work with, we enjoy working on interesting problems with smart people and know that if it was easy it wouldn't be fun.
We know we’re onto something - we were the Which? ‘Utilities Brand of the Year’ in 2018 - but we’re only just getting started...
- UW represents a lot of different products and services. We need to make sure we’re bringing all these together consistently, into a single, clear customer proposition.
- We currently offer many choices to customers. There are hundreds variations of product options - this can be confusing to customers and hard to support.
- We have a number of different customer types but want to make sure our core proposition is simple and appeals primarily to our target customers in the best possible way, but without completely ignoring others.
- We’re investing a lot in data and tooling. We need to put that to work alongside UX research and increase our understanding of customers and their behaviour, so we can optimise product-market fit.
- We want to create a seamless end-to-end customer experience that fulfils our ambition to bring all household bills together into one place and make it super simple.
This will be a new team that will have around four engineers, plus UX and design support within. It will also work alongside a Product Marketing Manager.
That sounds great, but what will you be doing?
- Owning the product strategy for our multiservice proposition plus specific benefits that customers receive, such as our lightbulb replacement service.
- Defining and implementing the rules that govern how our products and services should interact, such as upgrade paths and discounts.
- Taking a lean, data-driven approach to prioritising and delivering propositional improvements and business value.
- Bringing the customer to life for the business and ensuring they’re always at the heart of how we work.
- Working very closely with software engineers, UX Design and research, and potentially others, as part of a cross-functional product team.
- Collaborating with Marketing and driving innovation, connecting the dots to ensure that the brand lives up to its promise, and is expressed coherently through multiple touchpoints.
- Involving key stakeholders across the business to drive collaboration and ensure alignment of priorities and approach.
- Leveraging data and UX research to improve understanding of customers, their behaviour and what exactly they value in our products.
- Defining the outcomes we’re trying to achieve alongside owning, measuring and sharing key product metrics, impacts and learnings.
- Helping other product teams, that look after key customer touchpoints, prioritise their backlogs in order to align with and support your priorities.
You’ll love working for us if you...
- have a passion for understanding real people and their problems
- are commercially-minded and comfortable with basic financial modelling
- are outcome not delivery-focussed and seek out information you need to be so
- develop ideas and solutions based on real insight, shape them and guide them through to brilliant execution.
- have hands-on experience with agile software development and lean approaches to optimising product-market fit
- obsess over the details but also love to paint a bigger picture
- know your strengths, and recognise there’s always more to learn
- are an empathetic team player who collaborates closely with others
- embrace iteration and are comfortable with change
- are motivated and ambitious, both for yourself and the business you work for
What we’re offering
An opportunity to join an established but dynamic business that’s going through enormous change and still has huge growth potential.
The chance to step into a role at the heart of our product offering that has huge growth potential, whatever direction you want to take your career.
A very competitive basic salary and the potential to join our option scheme - we’re still enormously ambitious and have every hope it’ll pay out for everyone.
If we achieve our business and brand goals, you’ll be one of the most sought-after product talents in London.