Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
UW Home Services - part of Utility Warehouse - will be providing smart meter installation and maintenance services to Utility Warehouse energy customers.
We are looking to recruit a Scheduling Co-ordinator to manage the rotas and schedules for all engineers within an allocated region, who will strive to support their team in ensuring that the operations of UW Home Services are running as efficiently as possible and is sufficiently supported by the Operations team.
The main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Being responsible for the scheduling, diary management and coordination of our engineers
- Scheduling pre-booked installations and ensuring that the engineer time slots are fully utilised
- Ensuring that distributed workloads are fairly balanced, whilst managing the engineer’s travelling time as well as ensuring the customer service levels are met
- Continuously monitor and amend schedules as required to ensure objectives are met
- Adhering to both Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety Policies, ensuring that you maintain good practices at all times
- Working as an effective team member in particular working closely with and supporting other team members to ensure the most efficient running of the Engineer's schedule
- Always positively representing UWHS whilst preserving business integrity
We are looking for an individual with an analytical mind, who offers great enthusiasm and who welcomes and adapts to business change in a positive manner.
We require that the candidate has:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience or the ability to understand complex schedules with a logical, methodical approach
- The ability to drive our culture & values from within the team
- A thirst for knowledge enabling you to continually stay up to speed with the fast-paced nature of the utilities industry
- The ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines, to prioritise own workload and work with initiative
- Exceptional organisational skills particularly in time and diary management
- The ability to handle diverse workloads
We would also prefer you have:
- Operational knowledge of domestic/smart metering
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of multiple operating platforms
- Strong geographical knowledge
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
The job is a full time (37.5 hours) permanent contract with usual working hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm (although there is some flexibility with this).
The salary banding for this role will £19,000 - £21,000, depending on experience. You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, life assurance, a contributor pension scheme, staff discounts and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ in London.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so may awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
UW Home Services is based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, just off the M61 motorway and can easily be accessed via a short commute from the Greater Manchester & Lancashire regions.