Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
UW Home Services - part of Utility Warehouse - will be providing smart meter installation and maintenance services to Utility Warehouse energy customers. We are looking to recruit a Delivery Driver.
The main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Receiving pre-packed orders into a local self storage unit for onward distribution to Engineers
- Completing deliveries directly into engineer vehicles and collecting products for return
- Consolidating returned products and loading trunking vehicles to return products to the distribution centre
As your working hours will be 4pm-midnight, Sunday-Thursday, you will be highly self-sufficient, able to operate your own patch with minimal supervision.
You will take personal responsibility for your self-storage unit and for ensuring that your engineer orders are delivered on time, in full, with a keen eye on the safety and security of vehicles and stock
As our routes are made up of a few, larger deliveries (rather than typical multi drop routes of many, small deliveries), this role would suit applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds, not just established multi-drop delivery drivers.
We require that the candidate has:
- Current UK driving licence
- Van driving experience
We would also prefer you have:
- Previous experience with multi-drop deliveries or roadside replenishment
You will enjoy a challenge. And enjoy being part of a close-knit team. You will also need to be a great communicator, able to work well with others in order to achieve outstanding results.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your starting salary will be £11.28/hour. You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), an annual salary review, a contributor pension scheme, staff discounts and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ in London.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so may awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
- UW Home Services main distribution centre is based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, just off the M61 motorway and can easily be accessed via a short commute from the Greater Manchester & Lancashire regions.