Role title: Theft and Risk Assessment Service (TRAS) Coordinator
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Location: Colindale, London
Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? Here at Utility Warehouse, we pride ourselves on delivering award-winning service to our members. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
What makes UW a great fit for you?
We're an award-winning fully-integrated utility business knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. We have experienced two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, and we know we’re onto something - we were the Which? ‘Utilities Brand of the Year’ in 2018. With 28 awards under our belt we are excited about the future ahead but we’re only just getting started!
Who we’re looking for
We’re on the lookout for someone with strong decision-making and analytical skills who thrives working in a fast paced and collaborative team environment. We need someone who:
- Enjoys problem solving… solving complex puzzles will be fun to you!
- Is hungry to continuously learn new skills and systems
- Has strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Can communicate with a diverse group of people over the phone and in writing, with confidence and ease
- Get’s energy from working in a team
- Has excellent numerical skills
- Ideally has experience of ensuring compliance within a regulated environment
Ask yourself are you:
- Able to complete tasks efficiently and within deadlines?
- Able to take charge, plan and guide others through complex situations?
- Able to retain a positive and proactive outlook day in day out?
Don’t forget though, you’ll need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What you’ll do
Energy theft is a problem that impacts the entire industry. It’s estimated that approximately £400 million is stolen each year as a result of energy theft, impacting consumers in the form of higher energy prices.
Your role will be to detect, prevent and resolve instances of energy theft occurring in the Utility Warehouse portfolio.
On a day to day basis this looks like:
- Running reports to identify trends associated with energy theft that may be potential leads and following up on them
- Working with our revenue protection service providers to coordinate investigations, relating to suspected energy theft, through to resolution
- Ensuring all costs associated with confirmed energy theft are recovered appropriately
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in all matters regarding energy theft
- Engaging in industry working groups and taking actions to ensure we are compliant with industry obligations, and to improve business processes
- Ensure all records are up to date and to maintain accurate reporting
- Develop and Implement processes and process changes, and provide training to other areas of the business
- Produce performance, quality and regulatory reports and update all stakeholders accordingly
- Be aware of media updates and how that may affect the business regarding energy theft
- Work with internal and external stakeholders and maintain trusted relationships with them
The fine print
Our standard working week is 40 hours per week between Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm.
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. In addition to your annual salary of £21,500, you’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme and share options.
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London where you will benefit from some great perks including:
- State of the art facilities with free parking, subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods
- Health & wellbeing benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare & gym membership, an onsite nurse, gourmet society membership and more!
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights, family parties and plenty more!
- Clubs & committees for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading, charity, diversity etc
Basically, whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
Get to know us
Unlike other large companies, here at UW, we continue to have a welcoming, community feel - that’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
What are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be part of our award-winning team? Take a plunge and apply now…be part of something special, be part of our team purple!
Once we receive your application you will receive an email or call from our amazing resourcing team within 48 hours. This is your opportunity to shine and tell them why you would be perfect for the UW family.
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?