Role title: Marketing Executive
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Location: Colindale, London
Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? Here at Utility Warehouse, we pride ourselves on delivering award-winning service to our members. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
As our Marketing Executive, you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing a compelling smart meter narrative that not only educates members, partners and staff on the benefits of upgrading, but also overcomes apathy and ambivalence;
- Designing new customer journeys for our members that revolutionise their current experience of managing their energy spend and handhold them through their upgrade and in-life experience with smart meters;
- Creating high quality content with consistent messaging on an ongoing basis, that can take many forms including direct mail & email, testimonials, leaflets, call scripts and user guides to name a few.
You’ll also work with our Smart Programme team to create measurable solutions to consumer engagement challenges, react to smart meter industry developments and will work as quickly as project constraints define. As the Marketing Executive, with connections across the business and energy industry, you’ll be a wizz at gathering information, competitor intelligence and data generated through research to ultimately improve our members’ experience of our smart meters.
Our standard working week is 40 hours per week between Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Experience of creating both online and offline content;
- To be fast and furious, but not at the expense of quality or accuracy;
- To take pride in your work and have good attention to detail;
- To be curious to understand what makes our members tick and driven on how best to deliver against it;
- To be able to lead projects independently, but also work well collaboratively with a broad range of personality types;
- To be a team player, who is results oriented and willing to muck in to get the job done;
- Although not essential, experience of the energy industry and smart meters would be a bonus;
- And like all Utility Warehouse staff, you’ll need to be motivated and ambitious, both for yourself and the business you work for.
You’ll need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
You’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, share options, an additional annual bonus, staff discount, subsidised canteen and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
You can leave corporate jargon at the door here at Utility Warehouse and just be yourself. If you want to join a business and team that celebrates you being your best self then we could be just what you are looking for too! We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London. We have fantastic onsite facilities including a subsidised canteen, chill out areas and a very active social calendar. Whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or you fancy joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!