Smart Meter Technical Service Manager - Systems
Hours: Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
Location: Colindale, London
Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? Here at Utility Warehouse, we pride ourselves on delivering award-winning service to our members. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
What makes UW a great fit for you?
Smart Energy is at the heart of our customer proposition at Utility Warehouse and we aim to deliver each one of our energy customers smart technology over the next 12 months. To help us achieve this, we are setting up a new Smart Technical Ops team to support and problem solve for our customers during this change.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll need to have a background in smart metering - incorporating SMETS2. Ideally you’ll also have been involved in a supplier integration with a DCC adapter, and understand the DCC and wider smart metering ecosystem. You’ll need to be familiar with the Smart Energy Code, DCC and the DUIS service catalogue.
We’re on the lookout for someone who:
- Has a good understanding of UK energy market
- Understands the UK Smart Metering ecosystem and supplier integration with DCC
- Has experience of working in a service management environment
- Has knowledge of energy supplier business processes
- Is familiar with key industry technical documentation, including; SMETS, GBCS, DUGIDS & DUIS.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and have a full UK driving licence and be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What you'll do
You’ll own the operational performance and related processes for key elements of UW’s end-to-end smart system.
You’ll play a key part in developing a new Service Management team, supporting UW’s fast-growing smart metering population. You’ll utilise your technical knowledge, management experience and leadership skills to guide and mentor a small technical team to deliver and continually improve a high-quality smart metering service. You’ll also support and accept major change delivered into the operation by the project team.
This role is part of the Smart Service Management Team and will initially focus on supporting our SMETS2 smart meter deployment and our active SMETS1 meter population, evolving to cover support for a wider population of SMETS1 meters as they are enrolled into the DCC.
On a day to day basis this looks like:
- Own incident and problem management activity associated with our DCC adaptor, SMETS1 SMSO service, Payment Services Provider and DCC’s systems (CSPs, DSP, SMKI, Parse & Correlate), driving the performance of our the smart system to support effective daily operations
- Maximising the system performance of key business processes including Install & Commission and Change of Supplier
- Monitoring and analysing live system performance, working with our system vendors to plan capacity and ensure the system is meeting performance standards
- Lead a small team of Technical Analysts to deliver business objectives, undertaking resource planning, 121’s and providing personal development support
- Conducting Root Cause Analysis for system problems, providing recommendations and solutions
- Supporting the test team to define the appropriate scope of functional system testing to deliver assured releases into live operations
- Own UW’s technical relationships with system vendors and DCC
- Represent UW in relevant smart meter industry forums and reviewing and responding to consultations as required
- Owner of the system release management process for incremental change, including prioritising defect fixes and making recommendations for new functionality and performance improvements
- Liaising with key business owners to capture and assess requirements for future system improvements
- Ensure compliance with SEC obligations relating to technical procedures, reporting and forecasting as required by DCC
- Own the operational aspects of the smart security procedures, ensuring UW meets security requirements as defined in the Smart Energy Code
- Collaborating with Programme Team, providing expertise and recommendations to facilitate the introduction of system change into live operations.
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. In addition to your annual salary, you’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme and share options.
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London where you will benefit from some great perks including:
State of the art facilities with free parking, subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods
- Health & wellbeing benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare & gym membership, an onsite nurse, gourmet society membership and more!
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights, family parties and plenty more!
- Clubs & committees for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading, charity, diversity etc
Basically, whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
Get to know us
Unlike other large companies, here at UW, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel - that’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
What are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be part of our award-winning team? Take a plunge an apply now…be part of something special, be part of our team purple!
Once we receive your application you will receive an email or call from our amazing resourcing team within 48 hours. This is your opportunity to shine and tell them why you would be perfect for the UW family.
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?