Utility Warehouse | Product Owner - Website
Role Product Owner - Website
Start date Immediate
Location Colindale, London
Contract type Contract (6 Months)
Utility Warehouse is an award winning multi-utility provider, our core offering is simple: we help people get on with their lives and offer permanent peace of mind.
We're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years, a FTSE 250 business and knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. In two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, there are two things that have remained constant though:
For customers, we offer permanent peace of mind. One bill, great value and no need to ever switch again.
- We don't sell directly to customers - we have 45,000 partners around the country who can run their own business selling our products, getting the word out, and adding the human touch.
And for our people, we offer clear opportunities to help them achieve both their professional and their personal ambitions:
- We deliver quickly by keeping processes light and enabling autonomy
- We’ve never believed in ivory tower leadership. Our leadership team are hands-on and roll up their sleeves when needed to mentor and support.
- We encourage experimenting, don’t appreciate egos, and believe in debate, collaboration and learning.
- We care about how we deliver and who we work with, we enjoy working on interesting problems with smart people and know that if it was easy it wouldn't be fun.
We know we’re onto something - we were the Which? ‘Utilities Brand of the Year’ in 2018 - but we’re only just getting started...
Utility Warehouse’s website:
- We’re looking at how Utility Warehouse presents itself publicly and think it’s time we made some changes to better reflect who we are and what we do with an overhauled website.
- We have a few separate websites currently, for partners, signup etc. and want to bring them together into one place so people can quickly get to where they want and it feels like a cohesive experience.
- We are limited in the amount of content changes and tests we can run on our public facing websites, and many changes require software engineers to implement. We’d rather give Marketing managers more autonomy, and focus engineers on more strategic work.
- To do the above we are looking to implement a CMS system to power many parts of our new website which our software engineers can customise and stand up, and which marketing managers can use to easily make and test content updates.
There is a team of full stack engineers, UX designers, a UX researcher and a copy editor focussed on the challenge above, but we lack a Product Owner to help them manage and deliver the work.
That sounds great, but what will you be doing?
- Making sure we can publicly launch a new website with new content, and new look and feel, that meets our objectives, by March next year.
- Interfacing with key stakeholders to understand requirements and success criteria. These include heads of product and technology, our Marketing Director as well as marketing managers and partners.
- Acting as Product Owner for this team - creating and managing a backlog of user stories, helping the team with Agile ceremonies, communicating updates and gathering feedback.
- Taking a lean, agile approach to prioritising and delivering value.
- Leveraging data and our UX team to incorporate customer feedback into the development process.
- Working closely with a branding team to make sure brand iterations are effectively incorporated, and vice-versa customer feedback is fed back to them.
You’ll love working for us if you...
- Have experience as an agile Product Owner or Delivery Manager
- are interested in branding, design and marketing as well as a good level of relevant technical knowledge
- have a passion for understanding real people and their problems
- are outcome as well as delivery-focussed and seek out information you need to be so
- obsess over the details but also love to paint a bigger picture
- have experience of managing multiple projects and stakeholders
- know your strengths, and recognise there’s always more to learn
- are an empathetic team player who collaborates closely with others
- embrace iteration and are comfortable with change
- are motivated and ambitious, both for yourself and the business you work for