Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
You don't have to be a total technical guru or have lots of industry experience. You'll learn everything you need, to become part of our award-winning technical team - and our caring, supportive training team will support you to understand how our services and technology works. The key thing is to genuinely enjoy providing excellent customer service; have a real passion and enthusiasm for all things technical; the willingness to learn and most meaningfully a "can-do attitude".
No two days are the same at Utility Warehouse - You understand that some members may have very challenging issues when they contact us, but you will build brand loyalty by taking ownership of their queries and providing consistently unique customer experiences. You’ll speak to around 30 customers a day, providing solutions on our Home Phone, Broadband, Fibre and Mobile products - using some of the newest technologies on the market. In this role you'll:
- Be part of the technical team, you get to build relationships with our residential and business members - and our partners - to drive first call resolution;
- Build on your existing knowledge of ADSL, FTTC, wireless and basic networking skills (IP addressing, DNS etc.);
- Learn to use the art of questioning to identify problems with sometimes limited information from the member or partner to start with. Typical problems include ADSL, FTTC, PSTN, wireless and e-mail setup issues;
- Troubleshoot PSTN faults like no dial tone or noisy lines;
- Learn to set up and trouble shoot wired or wireless broadband connections;
- Troubleshooting and providing solutions on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies, including 802.11 G, N and AC routers;
- Work with Android, IOS and Windows operating systems;
- Be resolving any issues with 2G, 3G and 4G mobile networks;
- Receive training on how to understand Broadband networking (Copper/Fibre) and Voice (Digital lines/VOIP);
- Be working rotating shifts between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 09:00 to 16:30 on Saturdays (5 days a week).
You’ll need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your starting salary will be a competitive £20,730. And you’ll be able to earn monthly bonuses too – up to 25% of your salary. So, you could be earning £25,900 in your first year. You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, share options, an additional Christmas Bonus, staff discount, subsidised canteen and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so may awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
- Our stunning, modern NHQ is in Colindale, NW London, and is easy to get to by tube, bus or car.