Role title: Technical Support Advisor
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Saturday
Location: Colindale, London
Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
You don't have to be a total technical guru or have lots of industry experience. You'll learn everything you need, to become part of our award-winning technical team - and our caring, supportive training team will support you to understand how our services and technology works. The key thing is to genuinely enjoy providing excellent customer service; have a real passion and enthusiasm for all things technical; the willingness to learn and most meaningfully a "can-do attitude".
No two days are the same at Utility Warehouse - You understand that some members may have very challenging issues when they contact us, but you will build brand loyalty by taking ownership of their queries and providing consistently unique customer experiences. You’ll speak to around 30 customers a day, providing solutions on our Home Phone, Broadband, Fibre and Mobile products - using some of the newest technologies on the market. In this role you'll:
- Be part of the technical team, you get to build relationships with our residential and business members - and our partners - to drive first call resolution
- Build on your existing knowledge of ADSL, FTTC, wireless and basic networking skills (IP addressing, DNS etc.)
- Learn to use the art of questioning to identify problems with sometimes limited information from the member or partner to start with. Typical problems include ADSL, FTTC, PSTN, wireless and e-mail setup issues
- Troubleshoot PSTN faults like no dial tone or noisy lines;
- Learn to set up and trouble shoot wired or wireless broadband connections
- Troubleshooting and providing solutions on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies, including 802.11 G, N and AC routers
- Work with Android, IOS and Windows operating systems
- Be resolving any issues with 2G, 3G and 4G mobile networks
- Receive training on how to understand Broadband networking (Copper/Fibre) and Voice (Digital lines/VOIP)
- Be working rotating shifts between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 09:00 to 16:30 on Saturdays (five days a week).
You’ll need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your starting salary will be a competitive £22,000 and you'll be eligible for a £500 increase after completing your probationary period - which is typically six months. You'll also get another increase to £23,000 six months after that. You’ll be able to earn monthly bonuses too – up to 10% of your salary. So, you could be earning £24,500 in your first year and well over £25,000 in year two!.
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. In addition to your annual salary and bonus, you’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme and share options.
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London where you will benefit from some great perks including:
- State of the art facilities with free parking, subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods
- Health & wellbeing benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare & gym membership, an onsite nurse, gourmet society membership and more!
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights, family parties and plenty more!
- Clubs & committees for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading, charity, diversity etc
Basically, whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
Get to know us
Unlike other large companies, here at UW, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel - that’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
What are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be part of our award-winning customer service team? Take a plunge an apply now…be part of something special, be part of our team purple!
Once we receive your application you will receive an email or call from our amazing resourcing team within 48 hours. This is your opportunity to shine and tell them why you would be perfect for the UW family.
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?