Role title: Administrator - Energy
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Colindale, London
Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? Here at Utility Warehouse, we pride ourselves on delivering award-winning service to our members. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
What makes UW a great fit for you?
We're an award-winning fully-integrated utility business knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. We have experienced two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, and we know we’re onto something - we were the Which? ‘Utilities Brand of the Year’ in 2018. With 28 awards under our belt we are excited about the future ahead but we’re only just getting started!
You probably won't have heard much about us, but we're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years. We may be a FTSE 250 company with year on year growth, but at heart we still see ourselves as an entrepreneurial challenger with a strong community-feel!
Who we’re looking for
Don’t worry, you don’t need to have years of work experience, we’ll give you the knowledge and systems skills to set you up for success as long as you have the right attitude and hunger to learn!
We’re on the lookout for someone who:
- Enjoys problem solving… solving complex puzzles will be fun to you!
- Is not phased by working in a high change environment
- Is hungry to continuously learn new skills and systems
- Has strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Can communicate with a diverse group of customers over the phone with confidence and ease
- Get’s energy from working in a team.
Ask yourself are you:
- Able to complete tasks efficiently and within deadlines?
- Able to take charge, plan and guide others through complex situations?
- Able to retain a positive and proactive outlook day in day out?
Don’t forget though, you’ll need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What you'll do
Working within the Energy Operations Team you're day will include:
- Conducting a range of Administration tasks, billing related queries and engineering works
- Liasing with our specialist third party engineering partners and updating industry databases
- Overseeing site works appointments, investigations and database cleansing
- Analysing Meter Readings data and ensuring the accurate Billing of our Energy Customers
- Communicating with Industry Parties and Customers to resolve any issues
- Updating both internal systems and industry records with accurate metering and appointment data.
The fine print
Our standard working week is 40 hours.
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. In addition to your annual salary of £21,500, you’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme and share options.
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London where you will benefit from some great perks including:
- State of the art facilities with free parking, subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods
- Health & wellbeing benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare & gym membership, an onsite nurse, gourmet society membership and more!
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights, family parties and plenty more!
- Clubs & committees for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading, charity, diversity etc
Basically, whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
Get to know us
Unlike other large companies, here at UW, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel - that’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
What are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be part of our award-winning team? Take a plunge an apply now…be part of something special, be part of our team purple!
Once we receive your application you will receive an email or call from our amazing resourcing team within 48 hours. This is your opportunity to shine and tell them why you would be perfect for the UW family.
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?