To be the nation’s most trusted utility supplier, the one you would recommend to your mum!
You’ll be supported from day one when you join our fantastic tried, tested and fully comprehensive Technical Operations Experience. We'll give you full side by side training on our processes, our ticketing systems and teach you different ways of working in this environment - and that's just the beginning! You’ll also spend time experiencing and applying all that you've learned during your side by side training – in real life situations. It doesn't stop there though, once you join our team you will receive ongoing coaching sessions and one to one development; it really is a very close and supportive environment!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within Technical Operations as an Analyst:
- You’ll be working with and building relationships with our residential and business members – and our partners - to identify issues and advise on a possible resolutio
- You’ll be recording and verifying accurate information from all member or partner interactions in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- You’ll be building on your existing knowledge of ADSL, FTTC, wireless and basic networking skills (IP addressing, DNS etc.
- You’ll be identifying problems with sometimes limited information from Technical Customer Services department.
- Typical problems include broadband faults, fixed landline faults, mobile network issues, wireless range/speed issues and e-mail setup problems
- You’ll be managing PSTN faults like no dial tone or noisy lines through to resolutions.
- You’ll be managing ADSL/FTTC faults like no sync or intermittent issues through to resolutions
- You’ll be setting up and troubleshooting wired or wireless broadband connections
- In the wireless spectrum, you’ll be troubleshooting and providing solutions on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies, including 802.11 G, N and AC routers
- You’ll work with both Android, IOS and Windows operating systems
- You’ll be troubleshooting 2G, 3G and 4G mobile issues
- You’ll learn to understand Broadband networking (Copper/Fibre) and Voice (Digital lines/VOIP)
- You’ll be communicating and working with our key business partners (TTT, BTEE, Openreach) to investigate, raise and escalate faults through to resolution.
Early Shift (3 weeks) - Mon-Fri: 08:00 – 17:00
Late Shift (3 weeks) - Mon-Fri: 11:00 – 20:00
Saturdays (1 in 3): 09:00 – 16:30
Essential attributes and experience:
- Be able to demonstrate excellent technical support and customer service skills
- Should exhibit great attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills - including the ability to rapidly establish good working relationships with our customers, network partners and employees
- The ability to identify issues or trends (for example incidents/outages that may be affecting a wider area than
- Willingness to increase your knowledge and share this in a clear comprehensive manner
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative under pressure and meet individual and team SLA's
- Understanding of networks and basic IP routing and how they are used to deliver services to customers
- Understanding of Openreach network infrastructure, ADSL, FTTC, PSTN, and associated technologies.
- Be able to demonstrate high level industry knowledge of mobile, fixed line infrastructure and internet infrastructure
- Previous experience and knowledge of the systems used within our technical support department or our suppliers
- Previous experience of managing complex faults
- Understanding of small business networking and IP addressing
- Previous experience of dealing with B2B network suppliers.