Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
UW Home Services - part of Utility Warehouse - provide smart meter installation and maintenance services to Utility Warehouse energy customers.
We are looking to recruit a part time Payroll Co-ordinator (20-25 hours a week) on a 5 days per week basis.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ownership of the payroll process for the company and managing the relationship with our Payroll Manager and the team at Head Office
- Responsible for payroll deadlines and monthly payroll – starters, leaver, overtime, SSP, SMP etc
- Reconcile employee payments and deductions
- Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies/errors
- Initiating any payroll audits to ensure compliance standards are met
- Identify and implement opportunities for automation
We require that the candidate has:
- Experience of processing high volume payrolls
- Understanding of statutory rules/calculations for SSP, SMP, SPP, ShPP
- Proficiency in Excel to a minimum of intermediate (essential) – Vlookup, Pivot Tables and formulas and other manipulation of data
We also prefer that you have:
- First rate communication skills with the ability to listen and articulate
- Strong self-starter, ability to self-motivate and prioritise workload
- Total commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- An ability to prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your salary band will be £21,000 - £24,000 pro-rated. You’ll be able to earn bonuses too. You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday - plus bank holidays (increasing depending on length of service), free parking, an annual salary review, a contributor pension scheme, staff discounts and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ in London.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so may awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
- UW Home Services is based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, just off the M61 motorway and can easily be accessed via a short commute from the Greater Manchester & Lancashire regions.