Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
UW Home Services - part of Utility Warehouse - will be providing smart meter installation and maintenance services to Utility Warehouse energy customers. We are looking to recruit a Dual Fuel Smart Metering Trainer to support and enable the Learning and Development function of the business by ensuring employees acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and behaviours to enable them to add value to the business. This could be through designing and delivering training interventions, supporting and facilitating the new starter induction process or liaising with external providers to ensure an excellent learner experience.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out training and assessments in accordance with UW Home Services assessment specifications and correctly completing all compulsory assessment documentation.
- Deliver training to colleagues across the business on a variety of topics from induction to soft skill to e-learning.
- Work collaboratively across the business and in partnership with L&D colleagues to design and update training materials and procedures in alignment with business requirements.
- Maintain good administration and manage the day to day tasks such as booking training and following through with evaluation.
- As needed, liaise with external suppliers to ensure high-quality L&D offering and learner experience.
- Ensure your own Continual Professional Development (CPD) is relevant and in place.
We are looking for an individual with strong organisational, planning and time management skills, who is up to date with L&D thinking and who is motivated and passionate about delivering high-quality training.
We require that you have:
- A minimum of CCN1/CMA1, MET1 (Gas Accreditation) and be an experienced Smart Metering Dual Fuel Installer/Engineer with technical competency in all relevant disciplines of metering.
- A good standard of written and verbal communication
- Established classroom training delivery skills with a proven track record.
- The ability to work flexible hours in varying locations to meet the needs of the business
We would also prefer you to have:
- A teaching qualification, including PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, or the equivalent.
- An assessor qualification, including A1 Assessor Award, TAQA, CAVA, D32/D33, or the equivalent.
You will enjoy a challenge and enjoy being part of a close-knit team. You will also need to be a great communicator, able to work well with others in order to achieve outstanding results.
We will carry out criminal and reference checks before you start work with us.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your starting salary will be £28,000 - £32000 (dependant on qualifications & experience). You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), company vehicle, free parking, an annual salary review, a contributor pension scheme, staff discounts and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ in London.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so may awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
- UW Home Services is based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, just off the M61 motorway and can easily be accessed via a short commute from the Greater Manchester & Lancashire regions.