Head of Vulnerability & Payment Solutions
Reporting into Energy Director
Location: Colindale, London
Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? Here at Utility Warehouse, we pride ourselves on delivering award-winning service to our members. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Head of Vulnerability & Payment Solutions to join our growing team. The role is a massively exciting opportunity, offering the chance to take on a role with huge scope for impact. You will be at the forefront of helping us shape and design our multi-utility business specifically for our customers facing financial difficulties and those who may have complex needs and who might need extra support.
You will be responsible for our approach to assisting customers in financial difficulties and managing our existing team who look after these customers. As a critical part of this, you will help us to design, build and deliver an effective payment solutions strategy and vulnerable customer strategy to provide specialist customer care and support to customers in financial difficulty or who may be in vulnerable circumstances, whatever they may be.
You will also be responsible for building the capability and capacity of your team and the wider business to assist customers in financial difficulties and achieve appropriate and sustainable payment solutions for those customers and our business. As part of our commitment to our vulnerable customers, you’ll also need to ensure your team and our business can effectively identify our vulnerable customers and ensure all staff are empowered and equipped to support and appropriately handle their concerns and circumstances.
You will be responsible for building and managing a resilient and understanding team who are equipped and focused on being able to provide empathetic and practical assistance to customers who need extra support.
You will be required to understand our social and regulatory obligations and identify gaps and opportunities in the way we work today and to provide recommendations for how we will work in the future. It will be a rewarding role with lots of opportunities for development in an area which is constantly evolving.
More specifically you will:
- Develop our strategy to understand the opportunity the business has to elevate its support for vulnerable customers or those in financial difficulties
- Lead the team to deliver on that strategy, ensuring we have day to day insights and deliver operational excellence
- Find realistic and viable solutions for our business and our customers who are in financial difficulties, and manage our approach to a variety of debt related circumstances
- Develop reporting on operational effectiveness to meet regulatory requirements
- Effectively use data insights to understand the behaviours of and appropriate support for vulnerable customers and feed these insights into the overall strategy
- Lead, develop and coach a high performing team - responsible for supporting the business and vulnerable customers
- Develop training, policies and procedures for our business to use everyday to support vulnerable customers
- Develop an internal advisory model to provide subject matter expertise or advice on customers in vulnerable situations
- Be an ambassador for the progressive thinking of the company’s support for vulnerable customers and those in financial difficulties.
- You’re very familiar with ability to pay principles and enjoy the challenge of working with customers in financial difficulties and/or vulnerable customers
- You understand the types of financial difficulties customers can face and the options available to people and the processes involved with dealing with debt
- You’re empathetic and able to use your empathy skills to better understand the needs of our customers who need extra support
- You understand the need for sensitivity, confidentiality and a non-judgmental approach
- You have a regulatory/compliance/debt background preferably in an energy supply or financial services business
- You are able to inspire and lead teams with confidence
- You have industry experience and you’re on the look-out for a new challenge
- You have a proven ability to operate, persuade and influence at management level
- You are energetic and collaborative and willing to roll up your sleeves and get involved in hands on delivery
- You enjoy and have experience of working in a highly visible, delivery-focused and fast paced environment
- You are resilient, able to push opinions and hold your own when necessary
- You are a highly effective communicator, who can communicate sensitively where required
- You are also pragmatic with an ability to see commercial and customer centric solutions
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. In addition to your annual salary, you’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme and share options.
Our HQ is based in Colindale, London where you will benefit from some great perks including:
- State of the art facilities with free parking, subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods
- Health & wellbeing benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare & gym membership, an onsite nurse, gourmet society membership and more!
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights, family parties and plenty more!
- Clubs & committees for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading, charity, diversity etc
Basically, whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
Get to know us
Unlike other large companies, here at UW, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel - that’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
What are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be part of our award-winning team? Take a plunge an apply now…be part of something special, be part of our team purple!
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?