Job Title: Software Engineer (Golang/react) (x3)
Salary range: £50,000.00 - £90,000.00/year
Location: Colindale, Edgware, NW9 5AB
Application deadline: 30/05/2019
Utility Warehouse is an award winning multi-utility provider, our core offering is simple: all your utilities, one monthly bill. Our network of 45,000 partners add the human touch to our delivery, help us get the word out to our existing members and bring in new ones. We consistently win the Which? awards for our service and don’t believe “good enough” exists when it comes to customer satisfaction.
We’ve got the culture and focus of the earliest stage startups with the resources and strength of an extremely profitable and loved brand. Our eyes are on meteoric growth over the next few years. All the pieces to make it happen are here, we need you to help us put them together.
Our philosophy revolves around getting things done and we only hire people we can trust to do that. Bring your A game and you’ll always get ours. If you’re the type that can deliver you’ll be rewarded with small, fully autonomous teams that have real ownership of their products using a cutting edge stack in a best-idea-wins meritocracy. If that doesn’t quite cut it, we can throw in flexible and remote working (no, really) with top of market compensation.
We are looking for true technologists with a genuine interest in what they do day to day. If you're an open source contributor, hacker and wiz who loves to write code - great, so are we and we would love to hear from you! We are interested in both specialists and generalists; we strongly believe in lean methodologies, testing, automation, cross discipline and above all in getting things done and out there in front of our customers. If your interests span technologies from frontend to linux containers you will find plenty to do here - if you rather concentrate on architecture or react.js then there's plenty of that too.
We're looking for someone to:
1. Build end-to-end web solutions
2.Influence and contribute to technical architecture
3. Participate in the entire development life cycle, from requirements to deployment
4. Automate where possible!
There are many interesting challenges to be solved within our domain, many will require specific tech to be used - the list below is just a summary of what is in play today; we are very much counting on you to bring fresh ideas forward!
Some of the tech in our stack:
react.js (Native) and redux ecosystem, Go, node.js, es6 / es7, babel, webpack, GraphQL, kafka, aws + kubernetes, Docker
cassandra, postgres, dynamo, mongo and blockchain
1. Work with concepts around DDD/CQRS/Event Sourcing
2. Experience migrating from a monolith to microservices
4. Experience working within the energy or E-commerce domain
5. An interest in building distributed systems at scale
6. A belief in being language agnostic and using the right tool for the job
1. Professional experience with Go in production
2. Experience with distributed systems
3. Work with NoSQL databases
4. Experience with either AWS or GCP
5. DevOps exposure and ideally, looking for someone that does their own deployments.
6. Ideally 4+ years professional experience