Title: Industry Codes and Compliance Manager
Department: Energy Regulation and Compliance
Location: Colindale, North London
Salary: Competitive, including benefits & share options
What makes UW a great fit for you?
We're an award-winning fully-integrated utility business knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. We have experienced two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, and we know we’re onto something - we were the Which? ‘Utilities Brand of the Year’ in 2018. With 28 awards under our belt we are excited about the future ahead but we’re only just getting started!
You probably won't have heard much about us, but we're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years. We may be a FTSE 250 company with year on year growth, but at heart we still see ourselves as an entrepreneurial challenger with a strong family-feel!
Who we’re looking for
You’ll need to be a driven professional with around 5 years experience in Energy Regulation, Industry Codes and Compliance. You’ll have experience in dealing with large scale regulatory change programmes within the energy market, which may include the Smart Metering Programme, Ofgem’s Switching Programme, Settlement Reform or similar.
You’ll also need to have an understanding of the energy cost stack and be the main point of contact for network charging changes and have a broad understanding of key drivers. You’ll be adept at managing compliance with industry codes, translating and scoping industry change proposals for internal stakeholders, as well as formulating and representing UW’s position in industry groups, driving change to produce positive outcomes for our members.
What you’ll need to bring:
- An understanding and experience of the energy regulatory landscape
- Experience managing compliance with industry codes including an understanding of retail energy codes
- Working knowledge of other energy codes (such as DCUSA, BSC, UNC and SEC) would be favourable
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A good grasp of business and regulatory terminologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, engaging key stakeholders to develop pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Outstanding attention to detail.
Don’t forget though, you’ll need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What you'll do
This role plays an instrumental part of the regulatory team, focusing on compliance with industry codes and the development and implementation of internal change in line with Utility Warehouse’ strategic objectives, business needs, regulatory obligations and capacity to deliver.
A core function of this role is to manage Utility Warehouse’ (UW) compliance engaging with industry code bodies, interpreting and applying industry proposals to internal policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirements and continue to deliver award winning customer service. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Revenue Assurance and Industry Codes.
On a day to day basis this looks like:
- Produce and maintain a framework to monitor UW's compliance against all industry codes, providing monthly update reports to the Head of Programmes and Energy Management Team
- Oversee product of an industry change dashboard, providing monthly update reports to the Energy Management Team
- Manage the production of scoping documents to brief industry led change into the Programme team
- Collaborate with technology, programme, operations, marketing and finance personnel to produce assessments about industry led change proposals.
- Act as the central point of contract for network charging and wider non- energy cost changes
- Review and approve all internally led change proposals, process changes and marketing material for impact on UW's compliance with industry codes
- Represent UW's interests at industry meetings, driving change proposals for the benefit of UW's members.
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. In addition to your annual salary, you’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme and share options.
- Our HQ is based in Colindale, London where you will benefit from some great perks including:
- State of the art facilities with free parking, subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods
- Health & wellbeing benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare & gym membership, an onsite nurse, gourmet society membership and more!
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights, family parties and plenty more!
- Clubs & committees for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading, charity, diversity etc
Basically, whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
Get to know us
Unlike other large companies, here at UW, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel - that’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
What are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be part of our award-winning team? Take a plunge an apply now…be part of something special, be part of our team purple!
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?