We may be a FTSE 250 Company with year on year growth, but at heart we still see ourselves as an entrepreneurial challenger with a strong family-feel!
We stand out as the UK’s only fully integrated provider of a wide range of competitively priced utility services, spanning both the communications and energy markets. Our growth is based upon ‘word of mouth’ recommendations…. and grow we do, because we are passionate about delivering excellent Customer Service, the hallmark of our Company, which runs through everything we do.
With our stunning and modern network headquarters based in Colindale, North West London, we are easily accessible via the Northern Line and are a short drive from the North London, Middlesex and Hertfordshire areas (M25, A1, M1, A5, A40 and A10).
What we offer
At Utility Warehouse we offer stability, career progression and a workplace that manages to keep its family feel, not something many other large companies can boast!
We have built and maintained a community feel where we strive to make every member of staff feel valued, supported and most importantly a part of our family!
And we’re growing fast - so we are looking to add a generalist HR Administrator to our quirky and hard working department.
For this position, we offer a competitive basic salary of £22,000 - £24,000 per annum, support for professional qualifications as well as a wide-ranging benefits package including 25 days’ holiday (in addition to bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, share options, an additional Christmas Bonus, staff discounts and much, much more!
About the role
We are not like your normal HR team, in fact we like to call ourselves People and Culture.
The People and Culture team are responsible for both our employee engagement and payroll & benefits functions, working closely together to ensure that our staff are looked after from all perspectives.
We champion the culture in the Company; we all work together to ensure our staff feel cared for and that creates a warm, fun, friendly and family-like feel within our department, which is reflected in every connection we have with our colleagues.
Your role will be to provide administrative support to the whole of the People and Culture function and being a first point of contact for any initial queries.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing a general support function within the P&C Department
- Acting as an initial point of contact for all queries in the P&C Inbox, managing email responses to agreed SLA’s
- Administration relating to Company procedures, Company benefits and employee relations matters
- Drafting documents and correspondence including letters and references
- Producing standard HRMI reports e.g. headcount, absence, turnover
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects
- Processing benefits (e.g. staff loans, salary sacrifice schemes, canteen payments, sharesave schemes, pensions)
- Running and processing reports (e.g. overtime, performance pay, unpaid absence etc.)
- Starters and leavers processes
- Calculating and administering temporary and permanent contractual amendments (salary increases, pro-rating part time salaries etc.)
- Maintaining HRIS information (e.g. time-off, holiday, sickness/absence, document uploads etc..)
- Processing cyclical - weekly, monthly, quarterly - information to HRIS systems
We are looking for someone with 1-2 years experience of administering various HR procedures. Our successful candidate will be working towards an HR qualification, or have equivalent workplace experience.
You will be keenly detail-oriented, have experience of both Google-suite and Microsoft Office packages and most importantly, be someone who loves to get involved with all aspects of a busy team.
Excellent organisational and analytical skills, with an ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment are essential, as is the ability to establish credible and personable relationships across the business. Added to this, you’ll have a warm, approachable, discreet and friendly manner, together with a passion for all things people-related to enable you to fit in with our departmental and Company culture.
This is an exciting role for a Human Resources professional who is keen to be part of, and progress within, a dynamic People and Culture Team in a growing organisation, working to maintain its family-feel and nurturing culture.
This role will close on Friday 14th June at 4pm.