Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies? We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service. If you take pride in what you do – come and join us!
About the role
UW Home Services - part of Utility Warehouse - provide smart meter installation and maintenance services to Utility Warehouse energy customers. We are looking to recruit a Stock Controller who can take ownership of their day to day workload and flourish in a busy warehouse environment.
The main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Monitoring stock holding levels in the warehouse and placing purchase orders with suppliers for replenishment
- Monitoring stock accuracy in the warehouse on a daily basis and providing feedback to warehouse team leaders
- Managing engineer orders, queries and shortages via an internal system
- Ensuring clear and accurate communication of stock issues to the wider business
You will already be a stock controller with a good working knowledge of stock management principles including min/max stock levels, stock adjustments/PI and stock management systems. You will be self-motivated with a keen eye for detail, able to spot potential issues and take action to rectify them without needing direct supervision.
We require that the candidate has:
- Previous experience of stock control within a fast paced warehouse environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Comfortable with general Microsoft software
- Experience using Stock Management Systems
We would also prefer you have:
- Previous experience of stock forecasting and/or stock auditing
- Previous experience of raising purchase orders
You will enjoy a challenge, be a great communicator and work well being part of a close-knit team in order to achieve outstanding results.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your starting salary will be £20,000. And you’ll be able to earn annual bonuses too. You’ll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, life assurance, a contributor pension scheme, staff discounts and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
- We’re the UK's only fully integrated utility services provider – covering both the communications and energy markets.
- You may not have heard of us though, because we don’t waste money on expensive advertising. Instead, our growth has been fuelled by 'word of mouth' recommendations.
- And it works – we now have over 600,000 customers, 40,000 Partners and a team of 1,000+ at our NHQ in London.
- We’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion that runs right through the company.
- That’s why we’ve won so may awards – including the Which? Best Utility Supplier of the Year 2018 award.
- UW Home Services is based in Bolton, Greater Manchester, just off the M61 motorway and can easily be accessed via a short commute from the Greater Manchester & Lancashire regions.