We're a supplier of home services (Energy, Telephony, Insurance & Broadband) with around 2% of the UK market, a unique business model and a huge potential to grow.
As an established, 20-year-old British company our challenges are to rebuild whilst continuing to innovate and compete, in order to develop a platform to enable the future growth of the business.
At the beginning of 2016 we started a fundamental transformation here at Utility Warehouse - driven by the Board, there’s a strong desire to become a modern, agile, UX and tech-led business.
Our product and technology teams are a mix of new joiners and company veterans - a lot of the usual practices and processes still need establishing so it's definitely a good time to join and influence how things shape up in the future.
There's plenty of exciting things to happen here over the next 3-5 years; we have the plan and the budget to make it a good ride.
Who are Utility Warehouse?
- Rated #2 in UK for customer satisfaction, after Amazon
- Winner of dozens of Which? and Moneywise awards
- The UK’s most trusted supplier of essential services
Why are we different?
- A completely unique route to market, reducing customer acquisition cost
- Fully-integrated systems, enabling a seamless customer experience & high efficiency
- A focus on value, instead of price, enabling us to deliver high quality service & achieve very low customer churn
What do we look like?
- Revenue: £729.2m • Profit: £52.2m (FY16/17)
- ~600,000 paying customers • taking over 2.1 million services
- Brand new London HQ with chefs, play areas & snooze rooms
Why join us?
- An opportunity to experiment, learn & innovate
- Experience a completely unique business
- Be part of building a scalable platform
Partners carry out a number of activities to build their business. Key to this is the day-to-day activity of networking in order to build relationships. Partners meet people from various walks of life to gather leads, pick up referrals from existing UW customers, or host events in order to build their sales pipeline.
To stay on top of this wealth of prospect information, Partners use a variety of tools to manage their business. These tools can range from pen & paper, Excel spreadsheets through to off-the-shelf Customer Relationship Management tools (CRM).
Partners have a variety of issues with how they are currently managing this prospect information; from the overhead of managing multiple disconnected systems, simplicity and ability to consistently train processes through their network, technical concerns such as data security and privacy, and understanding business-critical metrics in terms of conversion rates both personally and within their teams.
Utility Warehouse are exploring building an integrated CRM product for Partners to store contact details, manage their sales pipeline and help prioritise time and efforts in ensuring their business can keep growing by talking to the right people at the right time.
- An exciting new team, focussed on building tooling to help our Partners succeed
- Research and uncover pain points and opportunities to add exceptional value
- Help drive the growth of the Utility Warehouse business by optimising the sales funnel and Partner activity
- Hard working • tech-savvy • commercially-minded • ambitious • good with people • hungry • a driver of change • inquisitive • not afraid to experiment and learn
- A proven track record of achievement in delivering world-class products (as well as in your other hobbies + interests)
- A wide array of experiences that give you a broad set of skills
- That rare combination of business savvy, customer empathy & tech literacy
- Challenge you to reach new heights
- Compensate you well
- Expect you to keep learning + growing
It goes without saying
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience in multiple product roles
- You're adaptable to rapid change and push to get things done