Hello, we're Utility Warehouse
At Utility Warehouse, we help people to get on with their lives.
We’re constantly looking for ways for more people to spend their time how they want to.
And we’re bringing together a nation of self-starters to build a different type of utilities company.
Where partners can run their own business and reach the goals that matter to them.
For customers, we offer permanent peace of mind. One bill, great value and no need to ever switch again.
And for our people, clear opportunities to help them achieve both their professional and their personal ambitions.
A bit more about us
You probably won't have heard much about us, but we're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years.
We're now a FTSE 250 business and knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. But in two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, there are two things that have remained constant:
- We bundle together all our customers' household utilities and send them a single monthly bill
- We don't sell directly to customers - we have 40,000 distributors around the country who sell those utilities on our behalf
And we know we’re onto something - we were the Which? Utilities Brand of the Year in 2018.
Partners carry out a number of activities to build their business. Key to this is the day-to-day activity of networking in order to build relationships. Partners meet people from various walks of life to gather leads, pick up referrals from existing UW customers, or host events in order to build their sales pipeline.
To stay on top of this wealth of prospect information, Partners use a variety of tools to manage their business. These tools can range from pen & paper, Excel spreadsheets through to off-the-shelf Customer Relationship Management tools (CRM).
Partners have a variety of challenges with how they are currently managing this prospect information; from the overhead of managing multiple disconnected systems, simplicity and ability to consistently train processes through their network, technical concerns such as data security and privacy, and understanding business-critical metrics in terms of conversion rates both personally and within their teams.
Due to favourable market conditions, Utility Warehouse are in a unique position to grow their customer base significantly over the coming years. A new in-house team has been formed to build a unique set of new tools helping Partners be more successful and take ownership of existing important partner tools with a view to optimise those for growth.
This high profile work stream includes everything a Partner needs to successfully generate leads and sign up customers and partners, including:
- a new tailor-made relationship management system, built from scratch, which will allow tens of thousands of Partners to better manage their pipelines and help prioritise time and efforts in ensuring their business can keep growing by talking to the right people at the right time. Gamification will ensure Partners stay interested and make relationship management not only easy but fun
- UWs "Join the Club" website, which is the public face of the company for generating quotes and signing up customers, used by thousands of people across the UK today
- UWs internal e-learning tool which helps partners get up to speed & improve their skills
- a brand new 'Refer a friend' proposition to generate leads from our 600K customers for our partners
An exciting opportunity to help drive growth of the Utility Warehouse business through innovation, optimisation and gamification. Add exceptional value through user research, uncovering pain points and revealing what stimulates activity throughout UWs ever-growing customer base and its remarkable network of independent distributors.
- Hard working • tech-savvy • commercially-minded • ambitious • good with people • hungry • a driver of change • inquisitive • not afraid to experiment and learn
- A proven track record of achievement in delivering world-class products (as well as in your other hobbies + interests)
- A wide array of experiences that give you a broad set of skills
- That rare combination of business savvy, customer empathy & tech literacy
- Challenge you to reach new heights
- Compensate you well
- Expect you to keep learning + growing
It goes without saying
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience in multiple product roles
- You're adaptable to rapid change and push to get things done