Data Analyst - FinTech
Utility Warehouse are seeking an experienced Data Analyst who will play a key role in answering our most fundamental questions within our Financial Services team. Your analysis and modelling will inform strategic decision making and play a key role in how we continue to develop our financial services proposition.
We're a supplier of home services (Energy, Telephony, Insurance & Broadband) with around 2% of the UK market, a unique business model and a huge potential to grow. As an established, 20-year-old British company our challenges are to rebuild whilst continuing to innovate and compete, in order to develop a platform to enable the future growth of the business.
At the beginning of 2016 we started a fundamental transformation here at Utility Warehouse - driven by our board; there’s a strong desire to become a modern, agile, UX and tech-led business.
What you will do:
As a Data Analyst you will be responsible for providing the information and insight to enable data led decisions across both our insurance and cashback card teams, this includes answering specific hypothesis, creating and maintaining reports, dashboards and KPIs, introducing automation where appropriate, formulating metrics, work on modelling domain concepts and help design experiments and analysis that will improve business performance.
In your first 3 months you will be understanding, documenting, curating information needs and existing assets from across the business to formulate and execute an analytics roadmap in combination with the product teams, our data platform team and data scientists. You will be the subject matter expert and first point of contact for financial services data needs.
You will be working in and across a number of agile teams, ensuring analytics is a first class citizen and is represented on the product teams roadmap, feeding in data engineering requirements into the product teams to ensure you have the required data surfaced by these teams to support analytics use-cases that have been discovered.
You will be working across a diverse set of data and using a variety of different tools, technologies and techniques, in many cases working alongside engineers to help us build-out a core suite of data assets and services for in depth insight.
The successful candidate will be a data evangelist possessing curiosity and an inquisitive attitude, preferably with experience of building and articulating an analytics backlog. Technically you will need to be comfortable with data manipulation, processing and modelling. This role is an excellent opportunity for a candidate seeking the opportunity to drive themselves with their own enthusiasm for data.
You will need:
- A passion for data analytics and reporting
- Solid experience in SQL
- Experience working with and manipulating numerical and time series data
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational data sources
- Experience using Python for data analytics
- Familiarity with fundamental statistical concepts
- Basic data visualisation and storytelling skills
- Strong stakeholder management experience, It is imperative being able to set expectations on what is and is not possible to do with the data available
- Experience creating and curating a backlog of work to form a roadmap
- To be a self-starter, bringing your own creativity, enthusiasm and real world problem-solving a rapidly changing business
Bonus points will be given for the following although not essential...
- Use of cloud analytics tools and platforms e.g. Looker, BigQuery
- Use of cloud infrastructure providers e.g. AWS, GCP
- Use and knowledge of version control technologies e.g. git
- Exposure to ETL tools is a plus