Utility Warehouse are seeking a ETL Developer who will play a key role in connecting our people with data and insight.
We're a supplier of home services (Energy, Telephony, Insurance & Broadband) with around 2% of the UK market, a unique business model and a huge potential to grow. As an established, 20-year-old British company our challenges are to rebuild whilst continuing to innovate and compete, in order to develop a platform to enable the future growth of the business.
We have started a fundamental transformation here at Utility Warehouse - driven by our board; there’s a strong desire to become a modern, agile, UX and tech-led business.
Our data, product and technology teams are a mix of new joiners and company veterans - a lot of the usual practices and processes still need establishing so it's definitely a good time to join and influence how things shape up in the future.
What you will do:
The ETL developer will help enhance our information architecture in order to develop and maintain data integration pipelines, ETL jobs and other data flows. As part of a multi-skilled team, the role includes reporting & analytics, data modelling and solution design functions, extending and architecting logical data models to facilitate self-service data analysis, supporting senior data analysts in solving data challenges and providing a first class data service to internal users.
You will ensure our data warehouse and databases are populated daily and data quality maintained, while balancing solution development / improvement and the operational support needs of users. Your customer first attitude will be exemplary, helping everyone win with data, owning multiple data solutions and being adaptive to changing business requirements.
The successful candidate will be a data evangelist, preferably with strong problem solving skills and the ability to dive into detail to logically analyse and solve complex problems. This role will suit candidates from eclectic backgrounds as we are primarily seeking an analytical and inquisitive mind. You will be a self starter, good communicator and team player who is able to manage their own time effectively.
You will need
- Data Plumbing Experience - ETL, ELT, data integration, data transformation
- Expert in use of ETL tools such as Talend, SSIS and Airflow
- Strong SQL scripting and procedure language skills
- Exposure to cloud data warehousing using Bigquery (ideally), Redshift,Snowflake, Athena, AWS RDS
- Experience of working with structured and semi-structured data sets
- Experience in data modelling skills (dimensional modelling)
Bonus points will be given for the following although not essential...
- Expertise preferably in Looker, although other analytics tools will be considered (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Microstrategy)
- Use of Cloud Analytics tools e.g. Power BI, Thoughtspot, Chartio
- Use and knowledge of version control technologies e.g. git
- Knowledge of ETL as a service applications e.g. Snaplogic, AWS glue, Google Dataflow, Fivetran, Stitch, Matillion
- Experience of monitoring and improving data quality
- Knowledge of data streaming architectures and microservices, e.g Kafka, NATS
- Experience in any of the following domains Energy, Telecoms, Cashback, Water or Insurance